Author Topic: wiring harness removal  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Wedgeman

wiring harness removal
« on: May 20, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »
trying to pull wiring from trunk area through rocker panel on 67 coupe...won't pull  because of tail light bulb receptacles will not fit thru hole. do these unplug anywhere in the harness..or do I have to cut & splice later?... :-\

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
Re: wiring harness removal
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
I think you have to start in the trunk and move forward, having the rear seats and interior panels out is probably necessary
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:34:08 PM by Coralsnake »

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
trying to pull wiring from trunk area through rocker panel on 67 coupe...won't pull  because of tail light bulb receptacles will not fit thru hole. do these unplug anywhere in the harness..or do I have to cut & splice later?... :-\
The connector should unplug from the socket. A picture would help. You might have a "kluge", a bad repair, or an aftermarket harness.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
You need to unplug up front and pull from the front to the back.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 10:41:44 PM »
Everyone is right, but to be most explicit: the removal point is at the rear wheel well behind the interior quarter panel for best results.  The tail-light harness snakes over the wheel well and if you pull on the front section (after removing the kick panel and sill plate and disconnecting the plugs to the main underdash harness), it should come right on through to that point. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com