Author Topic: WTD: Orig. red 1969 plastic interior parts  (Read 372 times)

Offline Mike_Senar

WTD: Orig. red 1969 plastic interior parts
« on: July 21, 2022, 07:36:35 PM »
Hello,
  Looking for kick panels, seat hinge covers, fastback a-pillar pads.  rear fold down seat panels.  fastback quarter window foot shaped covers (at lower rear corner of the quarter windows).   console parts...

Stretching now!!   Original covered front high back Mach-1 red seats and a non a/c original red dash pad.   I know, Ha. HA, but I need to ask...
                                                                               Mike

Offline HDAshmore

Re: WTD: Orig. red 1969 plastic interior parts
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 10:52:47 PM »
I suggest contacting Harry in Modesto California.  He has adds on craigslist.  Nice guy.

Dan in Kansas

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 03:08:20 AM »
I have some red interior parts....Im out of town till early next week but if you send me a message can look when I get back. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline Mike_Senar

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 12:29:26 PM »
Marcus,
  I am interested in what you have.   Send me a P.M. and I will get in touch!

As far as Harry in Modesto goes...  I met him over ten (10) years ago when he was advertising how he was old and needed to sell off all his stuff.   I showed up with a pile of cash and left with nothing!    I can not deal with him (NO disrespect intended), just have better things to do with my time over all.    Matter of fact, I do not know one person that has ever bought a thing from him, and I am in San Diego (South of him/Modesto).
                                                          Mike

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 01:25:26 PM »
Mike,

No worries, I was at his place about 5 years ago.  Floored by what all was there and everywhere.  Yes he was old and in a scootter.  Yes he was challenging on deals but I did get to buy a couple things.  I just remembered seeing rows of interior stuff and a trailer full of it, knew you were in California so thought I'd mention.  He's a nice enough guy but your right on buying from him.  He is pretty set in his dealings.  Not sure what all is left. 

Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »
Marcus,
  I am interested in what you have.   Send me a P.M. and I will get in touch!

As far as Harry in Modesto goes...  I met him over ten (10) years ago when he was advertising how he was old and needed to sell off all his stuff.   I showed up with a pile of cash and left with nothing!    I can not deal with him (NO disrespect intended), just have better things to do with my time over all.    Matter of fact, I do not know one person that has ever bought a thing from him, and I am in San Diego (South of him/Modesto).
                                                          Mike

Have know Harry for decades. Gave up on buying directly from him. Think his has always been one of those guys that worries that he didn't get all of the profit and because if it sometimes refused to sell things rather than find out someone sold something purchased from him for more. We use to send guys that worked in the shop to purchase things from him instead get things purchased.

Good luck for those who have been successful in making deals
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Daven

• 1969 Mustang Mach I. 9R02R107xxx
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 01:14:34 AM »
Redoing a red interior car is a pain.  I was lucky enough to have a quart of the correct red metallic from the 80's in lacquer.  It works great on the hard plastic panels.  The SEM dye products will work on the soft fabrics, so far only tried on the visors.  Any red interior parts ordered aftermarket still don't have the metallic look to it.  Good luck in your search.

Dave 

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 05:56:32 PM »

I looked thru my parts today and all I can find for original red parts is the interior hockey sticks and the original red interior rear seat back.  I had the windshield pillar trim pieces but may have used them for something since I dont see them now. 
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations