Author Topic: 65 Dearborn Trunk Seam sealer suggestions?  (Read 1087 times)

Offline jtfx6552

65 Dearborn Trunk Seam sealer suggestions?
« on: May 14, 2023, 09:18:54 PM »
Library article has some excellent photos of what my trunk seam sealer looks like even though it's a SJ car and mine is Dearborn. But no suggestion what to use besides "a quality elastomeric black smooth no texture product will suffice"? Anyone have a specific recommendation of a product they like? Pictures of mine pre resto below.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:38:03 PM by J_Speegle »
1965 Mustang Fastback, October 29, 1964 Dearborn Build, In the family since new.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 65 Dearborn Trunk Seam sealer suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 06:49:11 PM »
Since yours was more of the chalking gun application then spread you won't need to go to the expense of a special gun and cartridges unless you just choose to. Will be less expensive.
Since the color of the chalking is not seen nor for this application looking for the top coat of paint to react and change based on the underlaying products make up I've often used DAP products similar to  DYNAFLEX 230? Premium Elastomeric Sealant or EXTREME STRETCH Acrylic Urethane Premium Elastomeric Sealant for these two areas of the trunk for early cars 

Companies continue to change their product line up and the make up of the products they can often change every time you purchase them. Just part of the challenge.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)