1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Boss

69 Boss 302 Power Steering

(1/6) > >>

chockostang:
Thank You for that,  This has a BK pump (return points at the ground), so i'm sure it was not correct as the return from cooler has to make serious bends to attach to pump.
If I'm correct, the same pump end pressure will be same as 351W for 69.  C7AA Aluminum cradle, Non hole flat steel, and the BK style indexing bracket???

hopey:

--- Quote from: chockostang on June 22, 2023, 08:27:17 PM ---Thank You for that,  This has a BK pump (return points at the ground), so i'm sure it was not correct as the return from cooler has to make serious bends to attach to pump.
If I'm correct, the same pump end pressure will be same as 351W for 69.  C7AA Aluminum cradle, Non hole flat steel, and the BK style indexing bracket???

--- End quote ---

I believe so.

I have a BK pump here as well as an original 69 cooler. Just looking at them I do not see how the return hose would work especially with the long leg of the 69 cooler vs the 70 style.

chockostang:
That is what this has.  A BK pump which means the cooler hose has to attach to the down pointing return on the pump, make a 180 turn to get to the cooler.  Seems odd.
The manual says BF pump (return nearly straight back of pump).   So is your pump and this pump wrong as they are are BK, and not BF?
Did the 69 B2 have both?

Mike Bauman:
1969 Boss 302 pressure hose at back of pump is a VERY hard to find piece! I have only seen 2 nos loose in over 35 years playing with mustangs. I have attached a photo

Mike Bauman:
More photos

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version