Author Topic: Texas Car Wars/vin location. What??  (Read 1411 times)

Offline roddster

Texas Car Wars/vin location. What??
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
OK, I'm really not a fan of these types of "reality" shows.  This one is about flipping cars.  So, they bought a 66 Mustang coupe, started taking it apart, and did the right thing.  Somebody noticed the vin area on the left front had welding marks in a large area around the vin.
  They called the police, who came and looked.  They never pointed out anything about the under the fender stamping on the right fender rail.  The camera showed a Deputy looking under the rear valence, near the reverse light, and up and under.  Said it didn't match.  That one there was from a 6 Cyl car.  So the police towed the car to the impound.
  I never heard of a vin in that location so I figure typical showmanship B.S.
    Or am I wrong?

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Texas Car Wars/vin location. What??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
you are not wrong. there is no VIN in the rear areas.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
Would not be unusual IMHO for an  inspector or law enforcement to look in various areas so as to not divulge where the real clues are.   Especially on a TV show with so many looking. I'd look under the rear seat, rear frame rail, passenger side rear wheel well and behind the glove box ;)   And have done so when inspecting a car.

No real reason IMHO to educated the dumb thieves - the good thieves already know allot of the tricks
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline svo2scj

• Car Collector and home to WHEEL CITY FAIRLANE
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
"reality" it is not !!

ON that show - I think the whole "bad VIN" and police inspection was for the cameras !  No discord on the part of the buyer either.

It is in other episodes that I call foul .  The the Comet that started out as a Windsor and sold with a Cleveland (bet that wasn't cheap to do eating into "profits"

It also looks like "they shill" the teams a bit too .   On that Mustang IT"S IN A JUNKYARD  weathering BUT look at the condition of the white interior !    (And it says on the window comes with new carpet)  Either they "added to enhance" or brought the car from a seller that had and kept the seats clean ! HaHa

Mark
1969 R Code , Sportsroof (non Mach) W Axle
AB , Standard Interior  San Jose built 4/22/1969