Author Topic: 200 in 200 posts  (Read 1149 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
200 in 200 posts
« on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »
Some may have noticed some recent posts promoting a website about 200 6 cyl. cars.  Generally, we do not mind if someone wants to promote another site by posting here.  The member that was promoting their website was posting the same information in many of our sub-forums, which were removed.  We warned the user that this type of posting was not conducive to the purpose of the site, yet the same behavior persisted.  We invited the user to participate in forum topics, but if they were only going to promote their site, then we would prefer they not do it in an spam-like manner.  The admins tried to stress that we would like the user to be a contributing member, but the user deleted all his posts and asked that his membership be deleted, which we went ahead and did.

Generally, we would not post info about any dirty laundry, but I thought members here deserved to know what happened, especially if there are derogatory comments made on other sites in regards to the situation.

This forum has been online for going on 4 years now and this is only the 2nd time we have had to delete a member's account.  I've been impressed with the respect shown here and the professionalism that has been maintained.    :)

Just posted as an fyi, if anyone wants to know any details, send me a PM.  It's really not that big of a deal, but thought folks should know.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

Re: 200 in 200 posts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »
To be clear, it's not the promotion of, just the volumn and type of posts used? The I-6 site promoter did use a "spam" like approach in sending out e-mails (I got one). I did not have a problem with that particular e-mail because the "spam" content did not try to sell me something in a plain brown wrapper or the e-mail itself did not originate in a country with a funny looking alphabet. I will note that this forum is referenced on many other Mustang forums without any problems, for further clarification and specific detailed questions about Mustangs. The referals, in general, were not done by this forums admin, which, I assume, is the difference.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »
it's a loss that he decided to leave. lots of valuable info could have been shared.
5F09C331248

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »
To be clear, it's not the promotion of, just the volumn and type of posts used?

Right, we are totally fine with others promoting their sites.  It was unnecessary for the user to post the same thing in multiple sub-forums and then keep doing it after they were warned.  Obviously, he wanted as much exposure as possible to promote his site.  That could have been done in a more respectful manner and would have been welcome with no trouble.

Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin