Author Topic: Alternator detail options  (Read 2638 times)

Offline sigtauenus

Alternator detail options
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »
I noticed that the reproduction alternators that AMK were producing are now gone (well, I'm about 2 years late on this news).

Anyhow, so it seems that the tooling is too expensive to have remade, but I don't see the stamping offered.

Think before they didn't offer anything in the way of stamping because it forced you to buy their product, but if the alternator itself is no longer available, does anybody know if they will release either a stamp or a decal of the Autolite logo stamp that goes on the case?

I don't think a decal would work as the aluminum is too rough.

As I read just now in another topic, if the stamp runs $25 or so, they could easily offer a kit with a stamp and a correctly colored ink pad.

Offline Sunlitgold68

Re: Alternator detail options
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »
I bought one from Jack Brooks of www.deadnutson.com. He is offering Original rebuilt autolite alternators that are supposedly correct in every way for $250. I can post detailed photos if anybody is interested.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:30:44 PM by Sunlitgold68 »
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline sigtauenus

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »
Cool deal.  Also that's the same price NPD has for the AMK ones they have left in stock.

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
I had an old original round tab alternator in my junk that I had rebuilt and detailed at my local auto electric (Royal Battery) in Palm Bay, Florida-I then bought a correct reproduction fan, and the Hipo pulley and a member on the Hipo site sent me a copy of his stamp that he had done, I changed the numbers to make the stamp correct for my '65 K code car-(stamp cost me $15.00) I have about $125.00 in this, with the correct stamp on the bottom-I used some ink from my Wife's craft stuff which looks great!!
Might want to check auto electric shops-many still have decent cores available.
I like the aspect of mine because it was a junker to start with and now it sits pretty on my Hipo engine.