Author Topic: Hats off to Grundy!  (Read 1763 times)

Offline 34isgreat

Hats off to Grundy!
« on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
 Most of you know I was the victim of a hit and run. I want to give a shout out to Grundy, Accident on Sunday check in the mail on Wednesday. I am please with how they took care of me in my time of need.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Hats off to Grundy!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »
Thanks for the report. So many are looking at actual events and reports about how the company handled claims when it comes to choosing an insurance coverage
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 34isgreat

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »
  I have a antique car policy, limited use for car events and pleasure use. Grundy asked me no questions about use, why I was driving my car where I had been (I had been at a car show). Called them on Monday, adjuster came to my home on Tuesday, checks in the mail on Wednesday. Grundy told me to go to any body shop I wanted, asked for no quotes, and if the damages turned out to be more than they where sending me to call them and they would work it out. My body shop quote is a little lower than the amount Grundy is sending me so I think I will be OK. Today I am a very satisfied customer.
   My policy is for "stated value" I selected the amount of coverage I wanted for my car and I am billed based on that amount. If I have a total loss this is the amount I will be paid. Grundy is OK in my book!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 12:57:45 AM »
I had a very similar experience with them about 15 years ago.  Forgot to latch the hood on a '65 and it flew up and buckled the hinges.  The adjuster didn't even come out, just sent me a check.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 1Hotboss

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
That sounds great, I had a big issue with Haggerty even though they came through with the cheque and everything worked out, it was never as simple.  I had an engine fire due to a leaky fuel line.  Fire damage limited to area around the carb only and the hood experienced some smoke damage, but the run around and the delay in receiving the cheque was incredible.  Three quotes, pictures of the damaged area, before the tear down of the engine area affected and every area thereafter.  My car sat in storage jail for 10 days before the adjuster released it to go to my mechanic for repairs, while in storage the dust and dirt accumulation on the car.  I should have complained loud enough that they should have paid for a full professional detail afterwards....Can't wait until my policy comes due

Offline nham3407

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »
Good to know they have stood by you so far.  Please let us know when all is said and done if you are still a satisfied customer.  My premium is due in August.  I checked a quote with Hagerty and it was higher.  For 8 years I have been a claim free customer of Grundy.  I hope to never have a claim, but glad they have stood by you to this point.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)

Offline ptosborn1111

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 01:26:25 AM »
Holy smokes! No pun intended on the fire part. I have Haggerty ??? ??? Might be time to do some snooping around with Grundy! I'd hate to have a catastrophic issue and get a boot in the butt due to "Let's see if we can get out of this issue" ....issue.

65' Fastback (42k mile car) VIN 5F09A718971
A code 289/4 speed
Body 63A
Color K
Trim 26
Date 07S
DSO 41

71' Boss 351 (Grabber yellow, 2nd owner, 32k miles)
71' Boss 351 (Bright red, 2nd owner, 56k miles)
67' RS/SS 350 Camaro (Butternut yellow project)