Author Topic: Lincoln NE. MCA national 50th celebration August 8th 9th &10th  (Read 10624 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Lincoln NE. MCA national 50th celebration August 8th 9th &10th
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »
If I had a Concours Mustang Forum banner I could have hung it up today....but of course I dont have one.  But some day.  Maybe some day....

Current plans are to make them available to current members here in the near future for a short period of time since we've had a number of requests.

Stay tuned for an announcement

Have a safe and enjoyable trip
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »

Great show this weekend and great location...figured I would say as I head back to Arizona early tomorrow morning.  Really enjoyed the quality of cars this weekend, and people, some of which I have not met face to face before.  I posted pictures of the show on my Facebook page under "Anghel Restorations" since it is easier to share that way.  But I thought this was the best picture of the show I was able to capture.  Safe journey home to everyone else....

Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 01:58:28 AM »
Looks like some clouds though the parking lot is dry.   

Apparently a fairly new facility

Thanks for sharing
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
Great show this weekend and great location...figured I would say as I head back to Arizona early tomorrow morning.  Really enjoyed the quality of cars this weekend, and people, some of which I have not met face to face before.  I posted pictures of the show on my Facebook page under "Anghel Restorations" since it is easier to share that way.  But I thought this was the best picture of the show I was able to capture.  Safe journey home to everyone else....

NICE SHOT!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
NICE SHOT!

yes...very nice facility. i was told that this first major event held there.
5F09C331248

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 06:25:55 PM »
absolutely great show!!! ran like clockwork from my perspective. job well done!!! the awards were inside the arena, cold a/c & soft seats. a good representation of mustangs inside. winners names & car photos on overhead screens. my compliments to the folks who set this up.
5F09C331248

Offline BobV

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »
Great job by Marty & the local club. The weather was challenging at times, and I had my doubt about the venue at first, but it all really worked out nicely. Plenty to do/eat in the Haymarket area, nice show site, beautiful arena for the awards (Tom Osborne speaking too), and the Museum of Speed was INCREDIBLE. I spent WAY too much time cleaning, and really never "made the rounds".
Enjoyed judging the other classes of Concours Foxbody cars, and was able to bring home some more Gold in Concours Driven Saleen. Not a bad weekend at all!

Marty & crew literally poured blood, sweat and tears into their custom awards too. VERY nice!
1986 Saleen Mustang
51k miles 98% original

Offline bpcrane

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 12:54:54 AM »
great show, thanks for all your hard work!!!!!

Offline 79mustangcobra

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
Great job by Marty & the local club. The weather was challenging at times, and I had my doubt about the venue at first, but it all really worked out nicely. Plenty to do/eat in the Haymarket area, nice show site, beautiful arena for the awards (Tom Osborne speaking too), and the Museum of Speed was INCREDIBLE. I spent WAY too much time cleaning, and really never "made the rounds".
Enjoyed judging the other classes of Concours Foxbody cars, and was able to bring home some more Gold in Concours Driven Saleen. Not a bad weekend at all!

Marty & crew literally poured blood, sweat and tears into their custom awards too. VERY nice!

Hi I have to totally agree with Bob.  I had a wonderful time.  Thank you Marty and your Club for hosting this.  I really appreciate the way you kept the trophy's made instate!  I know that took a lot of work, but very cool!

Bob - I enjoyed judging with you and the other Bob as well!

Take care
David Bass
1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
MCA #70281 -  79-93 MCA Concours Judge
Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline Richard P.

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 07:03:57 PM »
I'd like to add my 02. Hats off to the Nebraska Mustang club. Great job Tari, Marty and JP. You should stick your chest out. Your club members were wonderful really helpful.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
Thanks for all of the kind words.
 We were very honored to have 415 of the finest Mustangs from all over the US and Canada attend our show. Our goals were to offer a event that was affordable, produce a event that was more than a MCA national a 50th celebration experience and that our own club members would have fun doing it. I think we succeeded on all counts.
I did not have much time to talk but it was nice to put faces with some of the names on this forum. Thanks for introducing your selves.
 Marty Rupp
 Capitol City Ford and Mustang Club

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:25 PM »
Here is a link to the video and awards presentation that one of our members produced.
Enjoy!

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2014, 12:47:27 PM »
Thanks for all of the kind words.
 We were very honored to have 415 of the finest Mustangs from all over the US and Canada attend our show. Our goals were to offer a event that was affordable, produce a event that was more than a MCA national a 50th celebration experience and that our own club members would have fun doing it. I think we succeeded on all counts.
I did not have much time to talk but it was nice to put faces with some of the names on this forum. Thanks for introducing your selves.
 Marty Rupp
 Capitol City Ford and Mustang Club

Wow!  415 cars, the judges must have been very busy too!
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.