Author Topic: Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?  (Read 2881 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2022, 07:34:42 AM »
There is no denying that a Powerstroke that is performing in top notch condition, is best choice for a rig to pull an enclosed trailer. Fuel mileage and the ability to roll the grades is likely unmatched.
That being said and personally, not needing to drive the Grapevine (or such steep/long grades), I'll be content to only have my old gasser (at least for now).
I cannot imagine the costs of what you just went through.
It is good to hear that it wasn't a blown engine though.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2022, 12:50:25 PM »
That being said and personally, not needing to drive the Grapevine (or such steep/long grades),
Which is why when going from Southern California to Northern California, or vice-versa, I use US 101. It's about a half hour longer in travel time, has many more restaurants, has many more gas stations, has many more interesting places to stop, is cooler, does not have the "Grapevine" (it has the Cuesta grade, about 1500 feet - Grapevine is 4,000 feet) and the ride keeps you sane.
(Hindsight is the best quarterback.)
Jim
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 03:58:46 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 01:02:42 AM »
Finally made it home!  We couldn't even get the hard-luck award because we couldn't make it to the show...talk about hard luck!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 05:24:40 AM »
Finally made it home!  We couldn't even get the hard-luck award because we couldn't make it to the show...talk about hard luck!

Glad to hear it. Hope you have a smooth time from here on out. You've earned paid for it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:52 PM »
Picking up my new truck on Tuesday! 

My 2002 did fine on the way home.  Had a little scare at first when the check engine light came on, but it wasn't a crucial warning.  After about 30 minutes it went off permanently after flickering on and off for a bit.  I'm thinking that when the truck was smoking that a sensor became dirty and it burned off after some driving.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years