Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
1967 Mustang / 67 mustang no power
« Last post by Wedgeman on Today at 12:34:19 AM »
Went to start my 67 390 C6 and when I turned the key...NOTHING....EVERYTHING IS BLACK....battery has full power...no headlights ( shouldn't they work anyway?)..no dash lights...yet when I cross the solenoid,,,it cranks over. Changed the solenoid & voltage regulator...nothing...any ideas out there??
1967 Mustang / 67 buck tag
« Last post by preaction on Today at 12:30:48 AM »
I came across a 67 Metuchen build  with a buck tag and until the Marti report comes out I wanted to ask if any one recognizes any of these that are stamped on the Buck tag. 7T02S  A4? I'm not sure about the 4,  SK P10 it has power disk brakes listed as DB, MC FD It is a Wimbledon white car with tan deluxe interior and upper and lower consoles.
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Master Cylinder/Lid Finish
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 08, 2024, 11:03:10 PM »
Back to the master cylinder.  At Birmingham I got dinged for a silver cap and not black.  Before I paint the cap I have or get a second cap to paint black,  I just wanted to confirm that silver cap for my car is correct as I thought we decided in earlier posts on this thread.

The MCA grading sheet gives black or zinc dichromate as the options,  not silver.

Not sure were the group came to that conclusion (caps not being black with the rest of the master cylinder) but IMHO and from experience they should be painted as a unit black with cap to reduce the chance of the master cylinders rusting while in Fords control. On power brake cars the master cylinder and booster were painted as a unit - together
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Master Cylinder/Lid Finish
« Last post by dkknab on May 08, 2024, 09:53:21 PM »
Back to the master cylinder.  At Birmingham I got dinged for a silver cap and not black.  Before I paint the cap I have or get a second cap to paint black,  I just wanted to confirm that silver cap for my car is correct as I thought we decided in earlier posts on this thread.

The MCA grading sheet gives black or zinc dichromate as the options,  not silver.
Interior & Trunk / Re: Applying quarter trim upholstery on convertible
« Last post by dave6768 on May 08, 2024, 08:45:03 PM »
A bunch of spring clamps like these.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Anvil-2-in-Spring-Clamp-99691/302755764

I wrap it all around.  Fold over the edges.  Put all the clamps in place.  Go around and make the slits as needed in the corners. 
Then undo a couple of clamps at a time and glue that area.  Do small sections as you move around.  As stated, glue only goes on the backside.  Leave the clamps in place until the glue is good and dry.
Body, Paint & Sealers / Re: Stuck drivers door
« Last post by MrBill on May 08, 2024, 08:38:33 PM »
Do you know anyone with a slim-jim?
Parts for Sale / Re: 69/70 fold down seat assembly
« Last post by Big Al on May 08, 2024, 08:10:00 PM »
yes - side fiberglass side panels (OEM)
no will not sell by themselves
Parts for Sale / Re: 69/70 fold down seat assembly
« Last post by Bob Gaines on May 08, 2024, 06:32:47 PM »
1969 / 70 fold down assembly for seat  I believe it to be 99% complete   will need to be restored but no major problems.  $2000.00  located N of Dallas
can deliver to MCA Ozark event and Des Moines
PM for photos
Al
Does that assembly include interior panels or the folding parts and flat panel only? 
Body, Paint & Sealers / Re: Stuck drivers door
« Last post by K-HESS on May 08, 2024, 05:36:08 PM »
I had this happen years ago. Hard to get the deluxe door panel off on a 1969 with the door closed due to the dash blocking access to the front of the panel. I unscrewed the lock knob a lot so I had more travel on the knob and then I moved the knob up and down repeatedly until the door actually unlocked. I found the problem was a little spring on the lock mechanism had broken causing it to jam up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10