Author Topic: 66 Dearborn Running Change Survey Thread - Tire Pressure Decal Location  (Read 526 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
This thread is posted to collect data related to the position of the tire pressure decal applied to original 66 Mustangs build at Dearborn. To participate please read the following. Understand that this is not an often seen detail but in the same way its possible that since the location was less exposed we might find a higher percentage of originals verses reproductions.

- This is ONLY for 1966 Mustangs!!

- Participants need to  provide the cars VIN and the projected build date from the original door/warranty tag. If you happen to have the original date of sale that might help also

- If the glove box liner has been replaced don't post unless you have an original decal attached to the glove box door.

- If yours has one applied to the glove box door. Where is it attached

- Picture would really help confirm things.

Will add a graphic and latest VIN and earliest VIN once we collect enough examples
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 Dearborn Running Change Survey Thread - Tire Pressure Decal Location
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 05:12:32 PM »
Here is an example that was offered in the first running change thread on this site where, at the time we mixed all three factories  ::)

Here is a Dearborn response: My tire pressure label is in the exact location as 6T07C2669X.  Right in the center of the back of the glove box wall. This car is restored, but I put back the decal in the same spot as it was originally.  6F08C2045XX, with a projected build date of December 27, 1965.
Jeff Speegle

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 66 Dearborn Running Change Survey Thread - Tire Pressure Decal Location
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 05:14:37 PM »
Here are two early examples I have to offer right now. Seems not many people take pictures of their glove boxes

Both of these examples have the sticker applied to the glove box door at the inner edge like the other two plants

6F11024x

6F12725x

Jeff Speegle