Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Oil pressure gauge calibration

(1/2) > >>

ruppstang:
I am restoring a 67 and the oil pressure just barely makes the low end of the range on the gauge. When I ground the sender wire it pegs the gauge so the gauge appears to work. I purchased a new sender and still reads the same. Yesterday I installed a mechanical gauge to test it and it read nearly 55lbs at idle.
My question is there any way to calibrate or adjust the gauge?   

carlite65:
is there a very small hole on the rear of the gauge? i 'think' there is an adjustment screw in a very small hole on rear of gauge.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: carlite65 on October 09, 2016, 11:00:44 AM ---is there a very small hole on the rear of the gauge? i 'think' there is an adjustment screw in a very small hole on rear of gauge.

--- End quote ---
There are two adjustment holes on the back, one for minimum readings, the other for maximum. The adjustment mechanism looks like a "gear", at least two teeth are visible. I'm looking at a 65-66 oil pressure gauge marked C5ZF-9B309 (that may be the face plate part number) and it's needle is reading at the minimum of the sweep range, not the "L", with no power. In the interest of science, and Mustangs I will (without witnesses) attempt to adjust the upper "gear". Zowie! The gauge now reads At the "L" bar. Applying 3 VDC to the terminals give me almost maximum deflection. Conclusion: this meter works, but I don't know what the other adjusting gear will do.
We return you to our regularly scheduled programing on CBS, the NFL - Jets at the Steelers, 24-13.
Jim

ruppstang:
Thanks guy I will give it a try.

Brian Conway:
Pictoral aides.  Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version