Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

68 wire and vacuum hose bundle strap

<< < (2/4) > >>

warwick:
It is 7 inches long and has a plastic rivet. The link for 68 Mustang shows it.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: warwick on August 05, 2022, 10:27:29 AM ---It is 7 inches long and has a plastic rivet. The link for 68 Mustang shows it.

--- End quote ---
Which "it" are you referring to, the 68 Mustang application or the Cougar? Yes it has a plastic "push pin", but that pin is not shown on the assembly drawings (implied by that as being part of the strap), nor is it shown in the AMK Guide To Ford Fasteners (implied that it is a separate item).
Jim. 

warwick:
The rivet or pin is required to secure the bundle and therefore it is part of the strap. The Assembly Manuals refer to the shorter strap of which you cited the PN. The shorter strap secures to the T-stud. I believe the use of the longer strap was either a running change or a line change. To utilize the shorter strap is more difficult (ie: time consuming) then the 7" adjustable strap. They both mount on a T-stud which is a bit more difficult to see/access.

It is clear from the pictures shown this strap applies to both 68 Mustangs and Cougars.

I have yet to identify the PN. It is not in AMK's Ford Fastener Book or the 66 Standard Utility Parts Book (I think that is the name).

krelboyne:
AMK B-13202  AMK describes it as 8.25" OAL (over all length).
Ford number C1VF-19B915-A (per AMK)

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: krelboyne on August 05, 2022, 04:02:06 PM ---AMK B-13202  AMK describes it as 8.25" OAL (over all length).
Ford number C1VF-19B915-A (per AMK)

--- End quote ---
Bingo - maybe. It's shown as used in the air conditioning evaporator hose retaining for a 1968 Shelby GT350 only (4 required). The pin is shown as part of the AMK drawing.

--- Quote from: warwick on August 05, 2022, 03:39:35 PM ---The rivet or pin is required to secure the bundle and therefore it is part of the strap.

--- End quote ---
If so, AMK would have stated as such.

--- Quote from: warwick on August 05, 2022, 03:39:35 PM ---The shorter strap secures to the T-stud.

--- End quote ---
Please identify "T-stud".

--- Quote from: warwick on August 05, 2022, 03:39:35 PM ---I believe the use of the longer strap was either a running change or a line change.

--- End quote ---
If that were the case, then this "running change" would/should be reflected in the 1969 and on Assembly drawing.

--- Quote from: warwick on August 05, 2022, 03:39:35 PM ---It is clear from the pictures shown this strap applies to both 68 Mustangs and Cougars.

--- End quote ---

That's an assumption, which may not pass an extensive judging event.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version