Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Alternator Ink Stamp Discussion

(1/12) > >>

Brant:
NOTE: This thread is a composite of (so far) four threads on the same subject

I know it is generally accepted that the 65-66 cars had Autolite stamped alternators.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any images of an original, production line alternator that was stamped.  I've seen just a few factory photos, and none of them seem to have alternators that were stamped (at least you can't see the stamp on the top of the alternator-may have had the stamp on the bottom side.) 

I also have a few original alternators and cannot see any remnants of a stamp.  Granted, after many years, it may be difficult to see something like this.

Bob Gaines:
Brant, you might review the thread that was active on the SAAC site a couple weeks ago about the same subject . It has pictures and discussion. I surprised you didn't catch it.Bob

J_Speegle:
Would agree that few had the ink stamp on the top of the alternator but a few do (as well as double stamped) so we have the possibility. Prefer to have them stamped on the bottom.

Would check out the thread as Bob mentioned - we can discuss further if anything is left after than trek ;)

But in a effort to help members here - here are a couple of examples

Brant:
...jeez...I don't know how I missed that thread either.  It is going to take a while to sort through that one!

Thanks, guys!

J_Speegle:
Yes like may there threads can take some side trips due to a couple of the usual suspects - LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version