Author Topic: Wiper arm shield installation - San Jose Car  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Kingchief

Wiper arm shield installation - San Jose Car
« on: May 03, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »
I have been cleaning things up under my dash [installing an original speaker, new leather gasket of wiper arms] and noticed that there was no wiper arm shield installed during the 2011 restoration. Figured I would try to put one of the repops in. So, there are 2 holes. One is for the screw as shown in another post on this site but where does the other hole attach to??? I cannot seem to find any pictures or illustrations of where it goes! Any help would be appreciated. If it is too hard without pulling the wires please just say so. I have cleaned up all the wiper assembly [motor and arms] as this was not done originally in 2011.

Thanks for the help. If this needs to be moved to another area of the forum please let me know. I LOVE pictures!

Steve
SFM 6S406

Offline jwc66k

Re: Wiper arm shield installation - San Jose Car
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »
There is only one screw used, 42127-S2.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
The other end fits over one of the studs coming down around the air vent opening.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Kingchief

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
Anyone have any photos or illustrations of how it goes??? Been trying all morning and I just can't picture it! I am using the Virginia Classic repop.

Thanks again,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 04:19:39 PM »
Really difficult area to get a picture of but a friend did take the effort when he had an opportunity to get a picture that should help with the general orientation and location that should help. Picture taken through the drivers side dash opening with the gauges removed on a 65 San Jose example but will be the same as 66. Looks almost brand new after all these decades

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 04:21:48 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Kingchief

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:21 PM »
Thanks Jeff to you and your friend. I shall give it another go in the morning.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Offline Kingchief

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:40 PM »
Got and thanks all. Very helpful. I see how it is done now.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 08:18:07 PM »
The pictures looks very close to the drawing in the electrical manual. The wiring differences between your Shelby and my Oct 65 build, 66 GT K Fastback are minimal. What comes to mind is the tachometer wiring routing. If you haven't done so, I strongly recommend you get a set of 66 Mustang Assembly Manuals. Include the 64-65 Chassis and 64-65 Weld and Sealant manuals as well.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Jammarstang

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 04:38:58 PM »
There is a hex screw, 42127-S2, for forward hole and a nut/washer, 34655-S2, which secures it to the fourth stud coming down from cowl opening.