1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Shelby

Looking for driveshaft and leaf spring stripe info

(1/2) > >>

Beeler422:
1968 gt350 4 speed built in Nov of 67 at Metuchen.  Can someone advise on the stripes for the driveshaft and springs?

Thanks.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Beeler422 on October 13, 2023, 03:31:01 PM ---1968 gt350 4 speed built in Nov of 67 at Metuchen.  Can someone advise on the stripes for the driveshaft and springs?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Rear leaf spring ID is a orange stripe about one inch wide on the rear portion of the bottom leaf spring. This info and more is available at    http://www.thecoralsnake.com/

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Beeler422 on October 13, 2023, 03:31:01 PM ---1968 gt350 4 speed built in Nov of 67 at Metuchen.  Can someone advise on the stripes for the driveshaft and springs?

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

For the rear springs we would need to know your body type since the factory build sheets show Brown while the convertible shows Orange. Guess the Brown could be mistaken as orange in some of the examples of original markings on 68 rear springs I have.

As for driveline the colors are below taken from a 68 GT350 4 speed. In this case the body style does not make a difference nor does the transmission type or when, during the production year, either

I think it shows the abbreviations for the coding in the article in the Library titled Paint Marks the Basics or something like that. Works out to be

Light Blue - Dark Blue - Pink

Hope this helps

RoyceP:

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Dead Nuts On can sell you a reproduction drive shaft with the correct color stripes. They are reasonable and I highly recommend them. [size=78%]1967-69 FORD Concours Driveshaft Restoration Service - Dead Nuts On[/size]

RoyceP:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on October 13, 2023, 10:57:15 PM ---For the rear springs we would need to know your body type since the factory build sheets show Brown while the convertible shows Orange. Guess the Brown could be mistaken as orange in some of the examples of original markings on 68 rear springs I have.

As for driveline the colors are below taken from a 68 GT350 4 speed. In this case the body style does not make a difference nor does the transmission type or when, during the production year, either

I think it shows the abbreviations for the coding in the article in the Library titled Paint Marks the Basics or something like that. Works out to be

Light Blue - Light Blue - Pink

Hope this helps

--- End quote ---

Hmmm looks like Light Blue Dark Blue Pink to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version