Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Spring Perch Insulating Material

<< < (2/2)

carlite65:
not bob but my experience with that is it will yellow and/or rust will reform under it. use the boeshield or a similar product as stated for best results.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: carlite65 on February 07, 2024, 05:56:52 PM ---not bob but my experience with that is it will yellow and/or rust will reform under it. use the boeshield or a similar product as stated for best results.

--- End quote ---

+1 Don't use clear. Won't last long and its impossible to fix with the part in place.

Maksim27:
I use WD-40 Silicon spray on bare metal parts...  Just stay away from parts that need to be painted as fish eye can develope if the silicon gets into bare metal before paint. 

Boeshield T9 is a good product for up to 6-months depending where you live. 

(RPM)- Rust prevention magic: Also works on non-heated areas and is suited for normal climates.  It is a wax that needs heat to apply.

Eastwood High-Temp clear coat: is a good product to use under the dash where you don't want to re-apply Boeshield or silicon as it has some smell to them.  Could potentially yellow after a few years. 

Paint is the best option on bare metal lol... But make sure it looks concours correct or the judges will be able to tell.

J_Speegle:
Most shops and many owners will not allow anything with silicon in their shops. ANY!

Also when phosphating or plating it can ruin batches of chemicals with just a mist. Many of us leaned the hard way :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version