Author Topic: 68 Interior paint Door vs Dash  (Read 275 times)

Offline VXH

68 Interior paint Door vs Dash
« on: February 21, 2024, 03:15:37 AM »
Restoring a 68, Dec Dearborn, GT Fastback with 2G Ivy Gold Interior. 2nd owner since 79.

I've reviewed our library and the auto color library. As I currently understand it,  Light Ivy Gold Poly 22670 is used on the doors, dash, and glovebox door.

From my perspective the door and the dash are not the same paint. The doors are clearly Ivy Gold. The dash, however, is a softer darker color.

I can match via paint scan but if someone knows the correct code differences that would be preferred.

Thanks

Offline ruppstang

Re: 68 Interior paint Door vs Dash
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:32:05 AM »
I have never seen that on the unrestored cars I have had. I have not had one with an ivy green interior. Can you tell if there is any different color under the paint? It also could have been some kind of a factory mess up. Ford was about making a profit; I cannot see them using two different colors.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:47:41 PM »
Dash and doors would have been painted at the same station at the plant.

Check for replacement, repaint or repair on both doors and dash surface for multiple layers
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline VXH

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 01:25:38 AM »
Thank you both for your comments. No signs of additional paint. Since they were both painted at the same station it would appear that the dash paint simply aged differently over time.

Appreciate the help.