Author Topic: Inside mirror  (Read 1608 times)

Offline RocketScientist

Inside mirror
« on: October 12, 2022, 08:40:53 AM »
I have a Boss with a standard black interior and are the stems on the inside mirrors meant to be black or bare metal? It is a Dearborn car with a 15 Nov 69 build date.
Brad

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Inside mirror
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 05:43:25 PM »
Was just going through a set of pictures to post a nice unrestored Dec 1969 Dearborn Boss 302 to the unrestored picture section but have not gotten them all organized and re-sized yet.

From that car I did recall a picture of the stem and bracket your asking about I believe. Picture below. Sorry its not a well focused picture. Appears to have a slight amount of surface rust where the covering over the metal was weak and didn't hold up well over the years. Referring to the end that attaches directly to the back of the mirror

Of course this and the glove box light question would be the same as all Mustangs that year and plant

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 09:22:09 PM »
Thanks Jeff and it shows everything nicely.

Offline hopey

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 11:28:31 PM »
Same date and plant you wanted!

Sorry these are the only photos I have on my iPad and the mirrors are stashed away right now. First one (middle mirror) and close up are the back of my original Dearborn 11/15/69 deluxe black interior BOSS 302 also.. plus a couple of spares I have collected over the years.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 11:30:42 PM by hopey »
1970 BOSS 302
Built 11/15/69 Dearborn

Offline hopey

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 04:47:56 PM »
Took a few more photos today of my original.

Mirror back has the rectangular raised support, a letter D molded into the plastic and the dimmer lever. Also note the H cast into on the windshield bracket, I have another that I picked up at a swap meet that has the letter I cast. Maybe some sort of date code

Finally I have one that has a longer neck on the windshield mount. It does not have any letters cast into the bracket. The intermediate shaft and the mirror itself are identical to my original.

1970 BOSS 302
Built 11/15/69 Dearborn

Offline RocketScientist

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 09:19:45 PM »
The 11/125/69 must have been a good day for Boss's on the production line as yours's is the third I have found. The other one I know of is Calypso Green and resides in New Zealand and so they are definitely well travelled.
The pics are great as they show what I need to aim for.