Author Topic: 66 Shelby Owner's Manual  (Read 2288 times)

Offline mustangmann

66 Shelby Owner's Manual
« on: July 21, 2010, 02:34:08 AM »
 ;DWould have posted this on another forum, but this just feels more like home!

I have a couple of what appear to be original 66 Shelby owner's manuals.  One has a white and blue cover, and the other is slightly wider (larger) and has a green and black cover.  The green/black one does not have the cut-away drawing in the center.  Does anyone know what I have?  Thanks in advance!

Ken

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: 66 Shelby Owner's Manual
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
Ken,

Sorry, I can't help you but do you have any pictures?  I'd like to see it.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
Ken - haven't seen a reference from any one about a green and black covered one and lacking the center (could it just have been torn or fallen out) pages. 

Often the details on  that center page is what others use as part of the specific details

Good seeing you this last weekend in WA  ... good to see you made it home safety
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mustangmann

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
Sorry it took so long to post these pics, but here they are.  On the left is the "green" manual, and on the right is a reproduction.  In the middle is the original manual from the car that I am working on.  It is a late carryover 66 Shelby.  Also, yes, the centerfold of the green manual has been torn out, so the pages are all the same, it is just the size and color that is puzzling.  I look forward to any feedback!

Thanks.

Ken Mann

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 12:56:02 AM »
Believe the current thought is that the "green" version is a quick copy that was sent out near the end of 66 or even into a later year when owners requested a replacement for their lost original
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)