Author Topic: jacksonville mca show pics  (Read 2778 times)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
5F09C331248

Offline MattDoscher

Re: jacksonville mca show pics
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »
Nice pic's, thanks for sharing.  I liked the '76 Western Mustang.  That was neat.
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »
VERY NICE SHOW!!!!! Thasnks for posting the pictures!!!
Noticed that you showed several Fox Body cars ('79-'93) espessely the 7-up cars-what do "most" "vintage Mustang" ('64.5-'73) feel about the Foxes?
I spoke with a rep from TMI upholstery at the Silver Springs All Ford Show in January (They are making BOATLOADS of reproduction interior stuff now for the Foxes) and he felt like the 4 headlight '79-'86 will be the most collectible of them all.......My Niece has a loaded '86 GT Convertible that she must sell and I'm thinking of buying it and doing a nice driver quality resto on it.......opinions? execpt the heads on the '86 which I know about......all I know is with 160k on it it will smoke the tires at will.

Offline JKWilson

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
Nice pic's, thanks for sharing.  I liked the '76 Western Mustang.  That was neat.

Judging from your comment it sounds like you attended. If so, did you get a chance to talk  with Mr. or Mrs. DeLome about the car? My daughter and I stopped and looked at it in order to simply snap a few pics of it. Rita DeLome approached us and struck up a conversation. She gave us the whole story about the car, how it was acquired and how she drove it as a daily driver for a number of years. While I'm not a fan of the Mustang II, I can appreciate and enjoyed seeing such a unique and one of a kind car! Mrs. DeLome was also an absolute joy to talk with!!

p.s. I also FINALLY got to meet Jeff (Speegle), in person, albeit briefly, during a VERY momentary break in his judging duties. Glad to finally meet you in person. Charles, you're next on that list!
'66 GT Fastback,  Metuchen, 10/28/65, 289-4v w/4spd
'66 Sprint Coupe, Dearborn, 06/11/66, 200ci w/ C4
'91 LX Convertible, Dearborn, 08/91, 5.0 w/AOD
'92 LX Hatchback, Dearborn, 5.0 w/AOD

Offline MattDoscher

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 05:00:04 PM »
Judging from your comment it sounds like you attended. If so, did you get a chance to talk  with Mr. or Mrs. DeLome about the car?

No, I wasn't at the show.  I just enjoyed seeing the pic's.  I had never heard of the Western Mustang or read any articles about one in Mustang Monthly.  I'm sure the owners were very pleasant to talk with about their unique Mustang!

Hey C5ZZKGT, the fox bodies are the next "classic" Mustangs as the first generation Mustangs progress towards "antique" status w/ the '65's turning 46 this yr.  There are a lot of people out there supporting the fox bodies and people are beginning to recognize that the fox bodies are becoming classic's.  You sure don't see them on the road like you used to.
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
we talked with the owner for a long time while he was washing the car.....very nice folks and interesting car.
5F09C331248

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »
Judging from your comment it sounds like you attended. If so, did you get a chance to talk  with Mr. or Mrs. DeLome about the car?

No, I wasn't at the show.  I just enjoyed seeing the pic's.  I had never heard of the Western Mustang or read any articles about one in Mustang Monthly.  I'm sure the owners were very pleasant to talk with about their unique Mustang!

Hey C5ZZKGT, the fox bodies are the next "classic" Mustangs as the first generation Mustangs progress towards "antique" status w/ the '65's turning 46 this yr.  There are a lot of people out there supporting the fox bodies and people are beginning to recognize that the fox bodies are becoming classic's.  You sure don't see them on the road like you used to.

Yea, Part of me believes this and part doesn't......I am just now seeing (Believe it or not) the BIG '77-'79 Thunderbirds seemed to have turned the corner and are appreciating in value now-I have a '97 Thunderbird LX Sport model that I'm keeping all original for when the MN12 Birds come into their own as well!