Author Topic: Glue -  (Read 1298 times)

Offline jwc66k

Glue -
« on: June 14, 2015, 05:51:12 PM »
I'm at the end of a woodworking project that uses Gorilla Glue. A neighbor, checking out my progress, reminded me that Gorilla Glue is what I used on his car to fix a piece of trim that wouldn't stay down. Add Gorilla Glue to your "bag of tricks".
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Glue -
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
Is this the same stuff that expands like the spray foam wall filling stuff - well sort of?

I used one of their products with the same/similar name stuff I used to reattach some stone to the front of the house. The stuff expanded and formed a foam outside of the repair making a pretty good permanent mess. Maybe this is another Gorilla Glue product than what you used

Sill see if I have the plastic bottle out in the garage still and post
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »
Its a brand name, they make a variety of products. http://www.gorillatough.com/
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
Is this the same stuff that expands like the spray foam wall filling stuff - well sort of?
Yes, sort of, it's not a spray on foam. Gorilla Glue is water activated and takes a few minutes to expand, and as such, you can position whatever you want to attach before the glue expands. It will fill voids and has a nasty habit of oozing out where you don't want it, ie, mask before use. You will have to clamp the pieces together, or at least use weights. After an hour, you can "trim" the ooze. I would consider trim pieces, a stubborn windlace or things you don't care if they are permanent as candidates for use. However, don't make this your first choice.
Jim 
Its a brand name, they make a variety of products. http://www.gorillatough.com/
Yeah, that's it.
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.