Author Topic: Evaporust Gel  (Read 975 times)

Offline OldGuy

Evaporust Gel
« on: June 19, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »
Guys, I recently bought a small bottle of Evaporust Gel to do a small de-rusting operation. I've used Evaporust liquid many times with great success so I thought that the "gel" would work well also---not! The gel had the consistency of almost cured 3M trim cement (about the same color also) and would not spread with a brush nor wet the surface to be treated. Amazon refunded the cost of my purchase so there is no harm done.

Has anyone experienced this situation with Evaporust Gel or had any success with this product?

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

Frank

Offline Brian Conway

Re: Evaporust Gel
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 05:32:23 PM »
No experience with that product.  Have had some success using this stuff.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »
I have a pail of it, used on some exhaust pipes with mixed results.  I applied and then wrapped in plastic.  Very inconsistent but the areas that it looks like it made good contact were de-rusted.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline OldGuy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 08:57:56 PM »
No experience with that product.  Have had some success using this stuff.  Brian

Brian, does this Rustoleum product spray on as a liquid and turn to a gel which clings to surfaces? Can it be used on vertical surfaces without running off?

Thanks for your input.

Frank

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 10:42:42 PM »
Yes.  " sprays on / clings to surface " I used assorted mild abrasive pads and steel wool to help it along.  I was cleaning some old Torque Thrust  D wheels and was very pleased with how they came out.  Brian
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:52:18 PM by Brian Conway »
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline OldGuy

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
Thanks guys for your input.

Frank