Author Topic: 1968 driveshaft stripes - C code and 3 Speed-From 1/25/68 example  (Read 136 times)

Offline No Paint

I have a Jan 68 Dearborn C code with 3spd. The driveshaft is one piece and the shaft paint stripes were still visible at the time I restored the shaft 5 years ago. The stripes forward end to back were White, Lavendar, and Light Green and had the two yellow stripes at the aft end. The yokes were primer red with a lot of pink on not only the cap eyes but other yoke areas too. I still had my note filed that has the strip placement and width measurements that I took before restoration. I just re-drew the note to make it more understandable.  Hopefully this adds to the data base. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:23:20 PM by J_Speegle »
C 2 1 Coupe, 1/25/68, Dearborn, No Paint Code, TS Hood, Bumper Guards, Manual Brakes / Steering, Originally January Dealer Promotional Black Hills Gold Paint.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1968 driveshaft stripes - C code and 3 Speed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 07:22:02 PM »
I have a Jan 68 Dearborn C code with 3spd. The driveshaft is one piece and the shaft paint stripes were still visible at the time I restored the shaft 5 years ago. The stripes forward end to back were White, Lavendar, and Light Green and had the two yellow stripes at the aft end. The yokes were primer red with a lot of pink on not only the cap eyes but other yoke areas too. I still had my note filed that has the strip placement and width measurements that I took before restoration. I just re-drew the note to make it more understandable.  Hopefully this adds to the data base. Thanks

Since this doesn't the not match focus of the thread where it was originally posted ( J code with 8's and 4 speed) I've separated it to a new thread
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1968 driveshaft stripes - C code and 3 Speed-From 1/25/68 example
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 07:46:24 PM »
Took a quick look through my collection of buildsheets and found it interesting that the colors you listed best match buildsheets from c codes with automatic transmission

Three speed example - Lavender- Dark Green- Light Green

Automatic examples from Aug, Sept, Dec, March and June so pretty much the full years

Automatic example - Dark Green- Lavender- White

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:24:50 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)