1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

Well liner

(1/1)

born2race59:
I am looking for a well liner for my 1970 convertible. I can't find a one piece with pockets for weight rods. And backer board would be nice. Does anyone know who makes them? Thanks Jay.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: born2race59 on April 16, 2024, 01:11:51 PM ---I am looking for a well liner for my 1970 convertible. I can't find a one piece with pockets for weight rods. And backer board would be nice. Does anyone know who makes them? Thanks Jay.

--- End quote ---
Dead nuts On used to but has had a problem finding the special flexible water resistant cardboard that the factory used. You should call him for a update. Otherwise before Dead nuts on exact reproduction you would take a used well liner with sewed on board pattern to a upholstery shop and have them make one up from scratch. I would take the board which I worked over to look as close as possible and had the upholstery shop make up the liner and sew it to the board.

born2race59:
I don't have the old liner.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: born2race59 on April 16, 2024, 05:22:09 PM ---I don't have the old liner.

--- End quote ---
you have to think out side the box. Maybe try picking up a trashed used one. Auction sites Mustang restoration shops etc. are all potential sources.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version