1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 - 70 Shelby

1969 Shelby GT 500 Radio

(1/3) > >>

66 KCode:
My 69 GT 500 has a AM radio in it, I've found a AM FM radio on EBay, if I put it in will they found this against me at a Shelby show?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 66 KCode on December 21, 2023, 09:17:04 PM ---My 69 GT 500 has a AM radio in it, I've found a AM FM radio on EBay, if I put it in will they found this against me at a Shelby show?

--- End quote ---
It depends on the venue and depends the class the car is in at the given venue. Regardless you better make sure that everything looks proper like knobs, face plate ,wiring ,speaker covers and location etc. so as not to raise any red flags to begin with. Be careful if buying and you are not familiar because there are a number that look similar but are different and regularly misidentified on ebay.  Some because lack of knowledge and others because of dishonest intentions. A knowledgeable Shelby or Mustang judge WILL know the difference.

ruppstang:
Another option is to have an AM - FM conversion done on your AM radio. This does not change the external looks of the AM radio. There are some pretty good choices of under dash speakers that will sound better and not give your conversion away. I had one done in the Omaha area this year for around $350. The AM radio that you use must be in working order or there will be extra cost.

Best of like with your choices.

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: 66 KCode on December 21, 2023, 09:17:04 PM ---My 69 GT 500 has a AM radio in it, I've found a AM FM radio on EBay, if I put it in will they found this against me at a Shelby show?

--- End quote ---
And what is wrong with "beautiful AM radio"?
Jim

midlife:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on December 22, 2023, 12:10:59 PM ---And what is wrong with "beautiful AM radio"?
Jim

--- End quote ---
One can't hear talking heads in stereo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version