Author Topic: Well liner  (Read 157 times)

Offline born2race59

Well liner
« on: April 16, 2024, 01:11:51 PM »
I am looking for a well liner for my 1970 convertible. I can't find a one piece with pockets for weight rods. And backer board would be nice. Does anyone know who makes them? Thanks Jay.
1970 Mach 1, 1970 Convertible.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Well liner
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 01:41:27 PM »
I am looking for a well liner for my 1970 convertible. I can't find a one piece with pockets for weight rods. And backer board would be nice. Does anyone know who makes them? Thanks Jay.
Dead nuts On used to but has had a problem finding the special flexible water resistant cardboard that the factory used. You should call him for a update. Otherwise before Dead nuts on exact reproduction you would take a used well liner with sewed on board pattern to a upholstery shop and have them make one up from scratch. I would take the board which I worked over to look as close as possible and had the upholstery shop make up the liner and sew it to the board.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline born2race59

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 05:22:09 PM »
I don't have the old liner.
1970 Mach 1, 1970 Convertible.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 07:15:27 PM »
I don't have the old liner.
you have to think out side the box. Maybe try picking up a trashed used one. Auction sites Mustang restoration shops etc. are all potential sources.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby