Author Topic: A funny thing happened today at the Tucson Car Show  (Read 1151 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
A funny thing happened today at the Tucson Car Show
« on: October 08, 2021, 10:26:39 PM »
A middle-aged man came up to my vendor's booth, wanting to know if I had seen any 64.5 fastbacks in the show field.  I replied that fastbacks came out in September, 1964, but were the true 65 model year.  He insisted that all 3 body styles were available in the 64.5 model. 

What was the saying about arguing with a pig?  You'll never win and all you do is get muddy in the process...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline jwc66k

Re: A funny thing happened today at the Tucson Car Show
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 12:22:24 AM »
There are a few instances where an early production 65 Fastback was registered as a 64 - very few. Now, note the key word - registered. Yes, Ford did not make any 64 Fastbacks - PERIOD - but a few were registered as such as they were sold in 1964.
I did a quick look in the Mustang Production Guide, Vol 1, and none are listed.
What was the saying about arguing with a pig?  You'll never win and all you do is get muddy in the process...
True. I planned on bacon and eggs for breakfast tomorrow morning. Now maybe I'll skip the bacon.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »
There are a few instances where an early production 65 Fastback was registered as a 64 - very few. Now, note the key word - registered. Yes, Ford did not make any 64 Fastbacks - PERIOD - but a few were registered as such as they were sold in 1964. ....

Would suggest that the statement be made that they made no production fastbacks or none available to the public as there were preproduction versions in April -June period 1964

Yes a little picky but more correct IMHO ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 10:44:04 PM »
Today, when the same guy came over to my tent, all he found was this:

No way did I want to continue the discussion...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline BobV

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:13:24 AM »
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.  :P
1986 Saleen Mustang
51k miles 98% original