Author Topic: Don't laugh to hard: What does P/O mean?  (Read 917 times)

Offline Christine_208

Don't laugh to hard: What does P/O mean?
« on: February 04, 2022, 03:43:58 AM »
Hi,

So I thought I found a page that had a list of abbreviations commonly used here but I now cannot find it to help me with some of the lingo I found here. Specifically, I was wondering about the abbreviation "P/O" that I saw in the context of refinishing metal parts on a distributor (I think the clips). I'm pretty sure it was not a reference to the 'previous owner'.

Can you help a poor newbie?   :)

Thanks!
1968 289 2V AT
One Family Car

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
Re: Don't laugh to hard: What does P/O mean?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 05:52:11 AM »
Previous owner
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 05:55:14 AM »
Or phosphate / Oil
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 12:59:37 PM »
I thought I found a page that had a list of abbreviations commonly used here but I now cannot find it to help me with some of the lingo I found here.
Every "specialized" group has abbreviations. A casual reader can be easily confused until they are no longer casual, or just plain give up. Some abbreviations actually become words, like SNAFU. Others are region related, while others are language based. As this forum does have members from many different states, regions and countries, I personally discourage the use of abbreviations. Please write out what you mean. AND REREAD WHAT YOU POSTED.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 04:46:51 PM »
There is a list of a number of commonly used  abbreviations listed in the FAQs in each individual year section of the site
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 07:52:03 PM »
Hi,

So I thought I found a page that had a list of abbreviations commonly used here but I now cannot find it to help me with some of the lingo I found here. Specifically, I was wondering about the abbreviation "P/O" that I saw in the context of refinishing metal parts on a distributor (I think the clips). I'm pretty sure it was not a reference to the 'previous owner'.

Can you help a poor newbie?   :)

Thanks!
In the context of referring to the clips it is meant as Phosphate and Oil.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby