Author Topic: New Manual Posted in the Library  (Read 1964 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
New Manual Posted in the Library
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:36:23 AM »
One of our members sent to us a pdf of an early 60's copy of the Standard Parts Manual. Basically it is a guide to all of the hardware details of the period. These parts were used for many years and even over decades so allot of info here for those that want to do a deep deep dive into the subject or search for a single item.  Not posted tom compete with Jim's hardware spreadsheets but to compliment them. Currently its listed on every individual year Library page at the bottom of each.

BIG FILE
579 Pages   and about 117 MB

Thanks for the contribution!!

Posting and sharing is done for educational purposes only. No fee or payment is expected or demanded for its viewing and its use.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: New Manual Posted in the Library
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 02:17:32 AM »
Very nice.  Looking through the pages, have to guess that this was the basis for the AMK Guide to Fasteners?
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 02:26:53 AM »
Very nice.  Looking through the pages, have to guess that this was the basis for the AMK Guide to Fasteners?

Yes or a similar one. These go back to the 20's. When I use to play with the earlier cars (40's for example) there were smaller, shorter versions that companies put together and sold for Model A's or earlier V8 cars. Use to have one fo these around but thing I tossed it. Had a different title - think something to do with utility.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
 A few items to note; (1) the document is text-searchable; (2) there are bookmarks that can be expanded to make it easier to get to the class of fasteners you are looking for.  A picture of the bookmark is attached here; and (3) starting on page 447 is a pretty detailed discussion about the various finishes including the purpose(s) of them.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 02:05:09 PM »
The latest update by Ford to this manual is dated 1962. Charles Turner is partially correct, it was quite possibly the basis for the "AMK GUIDE TO FORD FASTENERS", or at least one of them. The document is heavily engineering oriented, specifying a multitude of hardware sizes that are not used in Ford automotive products. I have an updated version dated 1991, that also includes metric hardware. The only place I could have got this version is from this forum, possibly from a member directly. Those files are dated 3/6/2016.
For restoration purposes, the best source for hardware information is the "AMK GUIDE TO FORD FASTENERS".
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.