Author Topic: Beware Mustang Masters  (Read 8585 times)

Offline RUSSELLSAM

Re: Beware Mustang Masters
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
First I want to thank all of our loyal customers who are on this forum and have supported us for the 30 + years we have been in business.  Every situation can be viewed from two different sides and look totally different, as this one will appear after you begin to understand my perspective.  I hope the explanation of this unfortunate misunderstanding can overcome this barrage of negativity.  We just want to get along and, where possible, are willing to do what is necessary to see the buyer made whole.
I did attend Ford Carlisle with the largest used parts display at the show and extra help was needed to display our inventory with 10 spaces full of parts. With a background in recovery approaching 20 years sobriety myself, I do often employ people, some of which I meet in my local jail ministry, a service commitment I’ve held for over 19 years. I also help local people with similar issues and that is where we interacted with Austin, a young man that needed help re-establishing himself in society.
           Considering everything I've shared above, we have a policy that temporary help does not collect money or complete sales.  Our full time staff must verify the product for fit, function, and correct application to eliminate mistakes.  While we were blessed to be overwhelmed with customers in our spaces,  Austin was standing by the wheels, and was asked by a customer about a rim which was referred to as a "10 hole" (a 4 lug 80's model wheel). Because of his lack of experience, I knew he wouldn't have known what to call ANY of the rims, so I believed that he was just repeating a customer's statement and $95 was the correct price for a best quality single "10 hole" wheel.  With the question answered, I continued to assist other customers.
          As fate would have it, I was called over to the other side of the booth in time to see a Shelby 10 spoke wheel leaving our spaces.  I redirected what I was doing to investigate the situation, following the man with the rim wondering what was going on.  Austin and one of my full time employees Ryan were  following along because they could tell I was very concerned with the situation - at that moment, I honestly thought I was going to be confronting a shop lifter.
          We caught up with the gentleman less than 50 feet away at the next booth and I asked him why he had the Shelby wheel in his hands.  He gave his account of the situation and said he had paid the helper $95 for the rim.  The helper Austin had put the money in his pocket and, when he pulled it back out, I took it and handed it to the customer while explaining that the young man didn't have the authority to make sales.  I stated that it was obviously a mistake and it wasn't for sale individually since it was part of a $1500 set of 5.  The customer seemed to agree that the price had been to good to be true for an Original Shelby wheel. The customer took the money back with no other arguments made by the buyer.  I assumed the matter was over until I was contacted by several friends who are active on these forums who were concerned that the situation was misrepresented.
           I apologize if I was abrasive or in any way embarrassed our wheel buyer. Perhaps I over-reacted to the situation; I was startled and flustered and did not handle it as well as I could have.  To all of you here in the forums who feel I was at fault, I apologize - we service thousands of customers each year and sometimes things go wrong  as this situation did. Had I been able to help this buyer personally we would have averted this situation but since it happened I can only tell you the how and why of it as I see it.
          However, I will not apologize to anyone who feels I use my faith in Jesus Christ to hide behind or as a marketing tool. I generally don’t mention it unless the situation arises for fellowship or prayer.  I am neither ashamed to be a follower of Christ nor will I ever deny honoring Him for His saving grace saving and giving me a new life.  Like everyone else, I'm still human and certainly imperfect, but I can't stay quiet about the joy of my salvation.  Unfortunately, that upsets some folks.  Anyone who knows me personally will tell you it's not a show for me, especially if they knew my past.  I strive to practice Christ's principles in all my affairs and it greatly concerns me when it appears people think that's not the case.
          We are a BUSINESS and depend on our sales to support our employees and their families, many of whom are just getting back on their feet.  While we may not be the cheapest source of vintage Mustang parts, we do strive to offer some of the most desirable, hard to find and high quality reconditioned used parts available anywhere in the world.  If you visit our website, you will see numerous replies, comments and feedback from our many contented customers stating their satisfaction in Mustang Masters' assistance in completing their classic restoration projects.
          As owner of Mustang Masters I strive for customer satisfaction and I feel this way in this every situation. I am greatly concerned at all the negative comments and know it's impossible to please everyone all the time as is evident by the many comments some of which are greatly exaggerated . Barnetto if there is any way of making this right with you without having to break up the set of Shelby rims, please contact me via email at freddy@mustangmasters.com or call me directly at 904-724-3927.  I am open to suggestions and willing to resolve this situation, if possible.

Respectfully,
Freddy

take it on the chin
this is part of employing people.
If you do not train them you loose.
Moove on
Just my opinion

Offline mjgraniero

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
Freddy, maybe sincerity would mean you don't cut and paste your reply at multiple websites.
Making it right means doing the right thing no matter what the consequences. You and you alone are responsible for your actions and the actions of those you hire.

I was thinking it had to be a partial copy and paste when reading.  Nobody here called out his faith or that he was hiding behind it.  Made the entire post sound disingenuous.
1969 Mustang Fastback (in restoration)
428CJ, Ram Air
C-6
9F02R

Offline 69cobrajetrugae2

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »
Quote. " I also help local people with similar issues and that is where we interacted with Austin, a young man that needed help re-establishing himself in society".

This man is a saint.  He is teaching his subjects that a man's word means nothing. My goodness, these poor people coming back from substance abuse need real leadership from real people to succeed. 

A normal person would have offered Barnetto the original deal and offer to pay shipping.

A businessman would have sent Barnetto the wheel for free.

The "saint" offered to make amends as long is there is something in it for him.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »
It looks like the "heat" is rising. What crisis will next unfold in the saga of "Mustang Masters" staring Fast Freddie? Will lightening strike Florida? Will Freddie move to Washington, DC, and get into politics? These, and other questions will be answered on the next episode, brought to you by Grace L. Ferguson Airline and Storm Door Company. Stay tuned.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline somethingspecial

• 1968 GT/CS Registrar mikej@bigbytes.com
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »
Hey Folks, There are two sides to every story, and even if Freddy has a bad reputation, (I for one have had good dealing with him) he still had and took advantage to respond.  I don't know what the cut and paste issue is about, but he offered an explanation to the incident.  I think he and Barnetta have the opertunity to work it out, or not.  This is between them and I feel the continued negative comments against Freddy are un-necessary.  Freddy, Thank you for responding.  All the negative action needs to stay off this site. JMHO  Mike
Your friendly neighborhood 1968 GT/CS Registrar

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »
Hey Folks, There are two sides to every story, and even if Freddy has a bad reputation, (I for one have had good dealing with him) he still had and took advantage to respond.  I don't know what the cut and paste issue is about, but he offered an explanation to the incident.  I think he and Barnetta have the opertunity to work it out, or not.  This is between them and I feel the continued negative comments against Freddy are un-necessary.  Freddy, Thank you for responding.  All the negative action needs to stay off this site. JMHO  Mike
+1
I cannot represent the reputation of somebody I do not know nor recall dealing with, but some of these comments have been quite defamating. Not really what I wish to read. Maybe a good call for the original poster to give us all a heads-up, but the rest of it? It's kind of discouraging. Maybe I'll take a hit too, now that I commented, but this has all gone way too far.
Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
............ This is between them and I feel the continued negative comments against Freddy are un-necessary.  Freddy, Thank you for responding.  All the negative action needs to stay off this site. JMHO  Mike

Its a two edge sword and we choose to let this run its course while keeping a close eye on it. My personal feeling were just like a poorly made reproduction - if there is something wrong someone needs to raise their hand in the situation, explain the issue if for no other reason that to warn others that they may have the same issues or this might have been a single time thing. Would hate to have it not be allowed and have a second, third, fourth... member find themselves in the same situation.

Think a lock will allow it to rest be remain as a heads up.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline barnetto

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »
 The intent of my original post was to inform the forum members to use caution when dealing with Mustang Masters. Maybe Freddy can start using sales receipts for the protection of both the buyer and seller. Hopefully something good will result from this discussion.

Online CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 01:03:57 AM »
The intent of my original post was to inform the forum members to use caution when dealing with Mustang Masters. Maybe Freddy can start using sales receipts for the protection of both the buyer and seller. Hopefully something good will result from this discussion.

I saw nothing wrong with your post and felt like the response from the vendor was adequate.  In the 5 years this site has been online, there have only been a couple times where things got a little out of hand.  In all fairness to everyone and keeping with the no-nonsense stance of this forum, think it is best to lock the topic.  The post hopefully will be a warning to anyone reading in the future and be a reminder to buyers and sellers to use good judgement in their business transactions.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin