General Discussion > General Discussion

Facebook group 'ConcoursMustang'

<< < (2/3) > >>

CharlesTurner:

--- Quote from: uapilot on February 19, 2021, 12:59:09 PM ---I was in that group and quit it yesterday after being told what I was discussing was not allowed by the MCA. As I cannot stand being told what I can, and cannot, discuss and after defending this country on the battlefield. I cannot bring myself to participating in a Facebook page that, when the moderator and I disagree, I am told I cannot discuss the issue. And I thought FB, Twitter and the like were bad....why we do this to ourselves I will never understand. Hopefully I will not be pushed out here for discussing dealer installed options as they relate to shows, acceptability and judging. Time will tell. Nothing I detest more than restricted flow of thoughts, perceptions and points of view.

--- End quote ---

Dealer and over the counter accessories are treated differently for judging.  I read through those comments about the trunk release and didn't really see anything discussed that would be different here.  It's perfectly ok to do whatever you want with your car.  We try to focus only on concours-correctness and will let owners know that some of those choices may result in point deductions if showing with the national level clubs/shows (MCA/SAAC/MCACN/Mid-America...)  Jeff, I and others here have always maintained neutrality to any club or judging rules and focus on factory correctness.

In the past, dealer accessories were taken too far by some folks and producing cars at shows that were not a representation of something someone would have bought new from a Ford dealership.  MCA does allow for reasonable installation of these as long as they are period accessories.  Some judges don't know all of them, so it would be expected that owners should show proof that it was available... which can be in the form of accessory catalogs, parts catalogs, etc...  Typically, 1 or maybe 2 accessories are allowed in the major areas (Interior/Trunk/Exterior/Engine Bay/Undercarriage).  Judges have the flexibility to deduct for over-use of these, up to 5 points in each category.

The facebook page is not for everyone, the purpose was to reach other folks that may not want to participate here.  I'm the owner of the group and did not make any comments that your comments were not allowed.

uapilot:
Thank you and I appreciate what you said.

I just stating my view from the perspective of an owner who have ?heard? or learned of various owners at shows and the moderator, R.U., basically shut me down. Not a fan of that whatsoever. Thought it was a discussion and they had their POV as did I. In the Navy we call it a ?pissing contest? and that?s what I come away with. Some know more than others but I also know there is a lot of debate on many issues and the MCA rules DO change from time to time. Shutting someone down kinda defeats the purpose, in my mind.

In my FB comment that I was at the 2018 NH show and someone we all know whose name I will not divulge walked away with a Gold and he had the rotunda tissue box on his right kick panel...and his Mustang was immaculate. In fact, I ping on him to this day for expert advice on my 66.

My feelings, correct or not, is that if it is a period correct accessory that I, in 1966, could have had the dealer install when I bought the car, then it should be allowed. Just my opinion mind you. If it is a repro item then no....trying to think...his car also have the trunk light and it was original as was the tissue box.

Some of us are into the Concours Daily Drivers, as am I so it?s probably a moot point. I do love driving mine as well as taking it to shows.

Thanks fo me the level-headed response Sir!

Cheers,
David

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: uapilot on February 19, 2021, 12:59:09 PM ---I was in that group and quit it yesterday after being told what I was discussing was not allowed by the MCA. - - Nothing I detest more than restricted flow of thoughts, perceptions and points of view.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: CharlesTurner on February 19, 2021, 02:38:29 PM ---I'm the owner of the group and did not make any comments that your comments were not allowed.

--- End quote ---
In that case, the appropriate moderator or commenter needs to be "educated".
Another reason to avoid Facebook.
Jim

CharlesTurner:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on February 19, 2021, 03:30:43 PM ---In that case, the appropriate moderator or commenter needs to be "educated".
Another reason to avoid Facebook.
Jim

--- End quote ---

I'm the only moderator, so I'm a bit confused.

jwc66k:
In that case, someone posted a comment that didn't know what they were talking about, a common "feature" of Facebook.
You might consider some research.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version