Author Topic: 1966 GT350 Heater Hose Routing  (Read 1523 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
1966 GT350 Heater Hose Routing
« on: April 18, 2020, 06:42:20 PM »
Replied to and posted some pictures in response to a question on another site and thought I should duplicate the post over here to help out current and future members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appears that the hose from the intake manifold was routed lower most heater hose connection at the firewall

Hope these original picture help. Notice the hoses wrapped around each other to keep them together on these different examples

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
Re: 1966 GT350 Heater Hose Routing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »
Very interesting Jeff. Any reasoning behind why they "wrapped" the hoses? One would think seperated they might dissipate heat better??
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »
Very interesting Jeff. Any reasoning behind why they "wrapped" the hoses? One would think separated they might dissipate heat better??

On some applications Ford used aluminum ties to hold them together. Kept things neat but more importantly IMHO they likely made installation quicker. In this case I would guess it was to keep them together and tucked nicely between the intake and valve covers  since one of them (like in other applications) didn't need to be routed to the carburetor choke cover.

Someone apparently thought it was a good idea. Not sure if it was the engineers or the workers on the line
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline OldGuy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:42:11 PM »

Someone apparently thought it was a good idea. Not sure if it was the engineers or the workers on the line
[/quote]

My guess would be that the "workers" thought of this fix. It's just too simple and not eloquent enough for an engineer to have thought of it.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:58:36 PM »

My guess would be that the "workers" thought of this fix. It's just too simple and not eloquent enough for an engineer to have thought of it.
As a systems engineer (retired), I resemble that remark!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Online jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 12:29:26 AM »
As a systems engineer (retired), I resemble that remark!
As a technician, we had a saying -
Make it simple enough for an engineer to understand and you won't have any problems.
Then I became an engineer. Now I understand.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.