Author Topic: 1967 Shelby 5 Spoke MagStar Lug Nuts  (Read 632 times)

Offline kkupec02

1967 Shelby 5 Spoke MagStar Lug Nuts
« on: July 17, 2020, 01:07:43 AM »
How safe are the original Shelby 5 spoke MagStar lug nuts? I bought my GT500 in March and it came with the old style acorn lug nuts. But at least there was some lug nut meat around the stud hole. I bought the correct lug nuts from Tony Branda and they barely cover the stud hole. Where these indeed barely bigger than the stud hole where they look like they might pull through the hole?
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1967 Shelby 5 Spoke MagStar Lug Nuts
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 01:19:22 AM »
How safe are the original Shelby 5 spoke MagStar lug nuts? I bought my GT500 in March and it came with the old style acorn lug nuts. But at least there was some lug nut meat around the stud hole. I bought the correct lug nuts from Tony Branda and they barely cover the stud hole. Where these indeed barely bigger than the stud hole where they look like they might pull through the hole?
The lug nuts Branda sells are faithful to the original. The original fit well in the original wheel with no safety issues. It sounds like your stud hole in your wheel is oversize if as you say the the lug nut is barely bigger then the stud hole. That is if going by your description.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby