Author Topic: More Drive Shaft Paint Markings  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
More Drive Shaft Paint Markings
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
I just made a Blog post with several pictures on uncovering some drive shaft paint markings on a '66 GT350 that I thought I would share.

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2011/03/1966-gt350-mustang-restoration-project.html

Offline rockhouse66

Re: More Drive Shaft Paint Markings
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »
Brant - what do you think that stencil suffix is?  It looks like "1 1 1" in the picture, which doesn't fit the usual pattern of "4 S" or similar.
Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline Brant

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
Brant - what do you think that stencil suffix is?  It looks like "1 1 1" in the picture, which doesn't fit the usual pattern of "4 S" or similar.

Jim,

There is a great discussion about this in the following thread:

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=2400.0

The information that Bryan Cobb posted in that particular thread is very good. 

That last "1" on my drive shaft appears to be paint that extended a bit beyond the stencil.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Though the description did not identify the colors found on the driveline is the forward color in you opinion a true white or light blue?  And did you cut through the colors/paint to get a clear view (without oxidation) to get a truer look?

Thanks again
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brant

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Though the description did not identify the colors found on the driveline is the forward color in you opinion a true white or light blue?  And did you cut through the colors/paint to get a clear view (without oxidation) to get a truer look?

Thanks again

Front to rear, the first color is a baby blue-light blue like a robin's egg blue.  The next color is the toughest to determine.  It is either black or a very dark blue.  The next color is kind of a Ford Corporate Blue.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
Thanks - black would match what we've seen on a few other K code 65's. One trick to bring out the color is a little lye (over cleaner. The stuff will dissolve and expand the color in the bubbles for a moment. Have to be quick to take a picture but the color will be seen
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)