Author Topic: '69 Shelby bucket seats  (Read 941 times)

Offline Bill Jenkins

• Love Mustangs
'69 Shelby bucket seats
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:32:19 AM »
Has anyone seen or heard of a 5/16/69 build date Shelby coming with High Back buckets with the release latch at the base like a '70?
65' Coupe
69' Mach 1

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: '69 Shelby bucket seats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 11:08:33 AM »
Has anyone seen or heard of a 5/16/69 build date Shelby coming with High Back buckets with the release latch at the base like a '70?
No I have not. I have seen it before when current or past owners retro fit later style buckets in there car to take advantage of better upholstery on the later bucket. I think that change came after 69/70 Shelby production had ceased. Most likely a PO change.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »
Would not have been available in the system to be installed on a May 69 vehicle. You can always check the spring identification tag for more clues or other details

Of course this would apply to 69 Mach Is also of the period
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bill Jenkins

• Love Mustangs
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
Thank you!  I am searching on Facebook Market Place for '69 Mach 1 driver's seat and ran across a set of '70 seats.  Messaged the owner and told him I believe they are actually '70's.  He is convinced since they were in his 69' Shelby, they are correct.  He doesn't want to be taught.

65' Coupe
69' Mach 1

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 01:38:22 PM »
Thank you!  I am searching on Facebook Market Place for '69 Mach 1 driver's seat and ran across a set of '70 seats.  Messaged the owner and told him I believe they are actually '70's.  He is convinced since they were in his 69' Shelby, they are correct.  He doesn't want to be taught.
That is a common story .Many owners want to believe that just because they found something a certain way in their car that it must be original.Not that out of the ordinary does not occur but because of  emotional or financial bias it is hard to convince many even in the face of supporting evidence.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby