Author Topic: New guy..  (Read 646 times)

Offline Steve Schenck

New guy..
« on: December 04, 2022, 06:05:27 PM »
Hey y'all.. Here in my first post on your site, I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here. My name is Steve Schenck, and I am an addicted Ford Mustang fixer from west central Indiana.
After participating in the Mustang restoration hobby for the past forty years, I am surprised that I'd not found this web site until just recently. I suppose that since the cars on which I took part in the restorations of were done prior to the invention of the interweb, that may have been partly responsible. I just haven't been looking.
Having come to miss the enjoyment of taking the old and worn, and making it fresh and new again, and needing a pre 73 Mustang to take down to French Lick, I recently acquired myself a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang that had been ridden hard in its day, then stored away since the early 80's. Looks to have the usual midwestern wear of a performance Mustang that had seen the road for ten years. Lots of stuff missing, more stuff needing removed, rebuilt, patched up, and replaced. It will serve as my Mustang restoration project during my years of retirement. Hopefully when it's done, I'll be around a few more years to enjoy it.
So, while looking, searching, and researching I came across this site. While the majority of my experience with Ford Mustangs revolves around 1969 CJ Mach 1's, and the 351 Windsor equipped 69 GT 350 I had for a couple decades, a lot of that experience and knowledge pertains to the majority of the 1969 and 1970 model years. I recognize several names here on this site, and hope that I can share my knowledge and experience to help anyone in need. I see that there is a great wealth of information here and look forward to learning as much as I can. Thank you for having me.

Offline jwc66k

Re: New guy..
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 06:26:38 PM »
Steve,
Welcome.
(Did ya bring donuts  ;) )?
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Steve Schenck

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 08:41:46 PM »
I can pick up a dozen on the way..

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 08:50:59 PM »
Welcome!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 10:06:10 PM »
Welcome.  Your name sounds awfully familiar...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline specialed

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 09:58:42 AM »
Have known steve since back in the 80s coming to indy and brown county saac events great guy.  Welcome to the boss mustang world and tell us a little about u car color options  dearborn etc.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 04:55:41 PM »
Welcome Steve. Take some time to look around now that your a full member. LOTS of information of been posted since we opened and now you have access to some areas that are not visible to non-members.

Again welcome and we hope the site provides what your looking for - we do have a narrow, but apparently popular, focus  :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Steve Schenck

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 10:23:26 PM »
Thank you all for the welcoming comments. It looks as if I have a lot of reading to do.
Ed, it's good to hear from you. Here's a quick rundown on my Boss project.
 Built at Dearborn on April 20, 1970. Medium Blue Metallic, Shaker, PS, Tachometer, Deluxe 3 spoke rim blow, Magnum 500 wheels, Console, 3:50 Tracton Loc, Sport Deck seat, Rear spoiler, Tilt steering. Engine, Shaker, rear spoiler gone. Everything else there. Boss pulleys, Fan, space saver, in the trunk. Deck lid, tail light panel, driver door, and driver's side floor pan need replaced, repainted nasty green. All glass in place, windows function fine. No sign of accidents, 61,000 miles. French Lick 24.