Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

70 Elminator midplate?

(1/2) > >>

big bad blue:
 I have a mid plate that I acquired, it needs a vacuum motor. They list different motors. My question is, are all mid plates the same and used different vacuum motors, or are did mid plates vary year to year. thank you

DougDyar:

--- Quote from: big bad blue on January 02, 2023, 10:21:48 PM --- I have a mid plate that I acquired, it needs a vacuum motor. They list different motors. My question is, are all mid plates the same and used different vacuum motors, or are did mid plates vary year to year. thank you

--- End quote ---

My research indicates that there were at least 3 different mid plates used on Mustangs, but the differences relate to the shape of the holes for the studs and associated stamped lettering , not the flapper plate and vacuum motors.
I believe they used the same flapper plate and vacuum motors.

J_Speegle:
Just to clarify this is the mid plate for an air cleaner for a shaker or ram air car?

If so which car?  Your Eliminator?

big bad blue:
 yes, 1970 Elminator, would like to put the correct dated motor on it if it would fit. Not sure what year the plate is as I acquired in a lot of parts. Thanks

DougDyar:

--- Quote from: DougDyar on January 03, 2023, 07:59:00 AM ---My research indicates that there were at least 3 different mid plates used on Mustangs, but the differences relate to the shape of the holes for the studs and associated stamped lettering , not the flapper plate and vacuum motors.
I believe they used the same flapper plate and vacuum motors.

--- End quote ---

Never mind. Should have read your signature line...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version