Author Topic: 1969 GT500 Convertible Emblem Placement  (Read 1193 times)

Offline ninedrvr

1969 GT500 Convertible Emblem Placement
« on: May 14, 2023, 07:15:43 PM »
I'm finally ready to put on the "428 Cobra Jet" emblems on the fenders as well as the snake emblems on the quarter panels. Are there any measurements on the placement of these emblems? Without any measurements the only way I can see to install these is to try to get a consensus of where the emblems are on the few unrestored cars I can find pictures of.

1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1969 GT500 Convertible Emblem Placement
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 07:44:24 PM »
I'm finally ready to put on the "428 Cobra Jet" emblems on the fenders as well as the snake emblems on the quarter panels. Are there any measurements on the placement of these emblems? Without any measurements the only way I can see to install these is to try to get a consensus of where the emblems are on the few unrestored cars I can find pictures of.
That is the way a lot of us have been doing it for decades. The emblems were often times given to dealers to add once the car was delivered so location is not set in stone . There are typical spots (like seen in factory photos) with a range of slight variations because of dealer install. Apparently getting stolen was not uncommon when they were installed from the factory on the way to the dealer so later on dealers were given the job of doing it. Fender emblems were pretty consistent .The snake emblems on the other hand were not consistent .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby