Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Brake shoes

<< < (2/2)

CharlesTurner:
Guess my experience has been the opposite for Mustangs.  I'm used to seeing assembly line shoes riveted and most aftermarket ones I see these days are bonded.  Metal part of shoes are stamped with either Bendix or K/H.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: CharlesTurner on March 11, 2024, 01:14:24 AM ---Guess my experience has been the opposite for Mustangs.  I'm used to seeing assembly line shoes riveted and most aftermarket ones I see these days are bonded.  Metal part of shoes are stamped with either Bendix or K/H.

--- End quote ---
Yes I have frequently found NOS service parts riveted like the ones pictured. Yes hardware is marked  K/H and Bendix but the assemblyline parts more typically have the FOMOCO logo on them as well.

markhone:
Thanks all.M

J_Speegle:
Looked through my collection and what has been collected over the decades and as one would guess not many examples where someone had a car with such low miles as to never had a brake job and then on top of it too pictures of the brake shoes.

Only one I could find. Car had under 5K miles

And a picture from 66 of assembly line/factory riveted shoes

And lastly the shoes were also marked on the edge of the shoes on many original and service/NOS replacements - Well at least found that practice on Bendix supplied shoes

Some service replacement examples. Notice the upper left and the every early Ford box they came in suggesting when these were made and boxed) And the bottom set is rebuilt rather than all new shoes

Don't keep pictures of aftermarket shoes

Daven:
Impressive Jeff!  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version