Author Topic: 1969 GT500 driveline  (Read 1836 times)

Offline shelbyvillemustangs

1969 GT500 driveline
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »
Another question on the undercarriage of my 69 gt500. I am in the process of restoring my driveline. according to my build sheet the colors are LBD and BRO I think that bro stands for brown but not sure what lbd stands for? Also can somebody show me where the marks go? THanks for any help ,  Richard 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1969 GT500 driveline
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
Another question on the undercarriage of my 69 gt500. I am in the process of restoring my driveline. according to my build sheet the colors are LBD and BRO I think that bro stands for brown but not sure what lbd stands for? Also can somebody show me where the marks go? THanks for any help ,  Richard

Are you sure you read the coding right from your build sheet?

Could it be LBDBRD?  That is what I've got on a few dozen GT500 automatic cars

If so that would be decoded as follows

LB - Light Blue
DB - Dark Blue
RD - Red
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline shelbyvillemustangs

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Jeff, That is probaly correct I was having trouble making out the last letter on my build sheet, It is not in the best shape as most of them are not. Would you by chance have any pics so that I could see placement and color shades? Thanks for your help .               
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:47:10 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »
Jeff, That is probaly correct I was having troulbe making out the last letter on my build sheet, It is not in the best shape as most of them are not. Would you by chance have any pics so that I could see placement and color shades? Thanks for your help .               

Email sent
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)