Author Topic: 67 Thermactor Hose Markings  (Read 1313 times)

Offline preaction

67 Thermactor Hose Markings
« on: January 13, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »
I have a complete working system, the one thing I don't have is how the original hoses would be marked with the engineering number and I believe a ford logo in a circle ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67 Thermactor Hose Markings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »
I have a complete working system, the one thing I don't have is how the original hoses would be marked with the engineering number and I believe a ford logo in a circle ?

Can help with that

C6 and C7 marked thermactor hoses marked in the quick look I took had - FoMoCo in a rectangle on both as shown in the pictures. The interesting difference (at least in the examples) is that on the C6 marked hoses the FoMoCo was printed ahead of the engineering number while on the C7 hose the FoMoCo followed the engineering number

It's late, dark and wet or I could get out the totes and look at a bunch of them ;)

Hope this helps

Separated these two posts so that others could find the info in the future easier

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline preaction

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 01:04:53 AM »
Jeff that is the first time I have seen any 67 390 hoses with the engineering numbers and logo's. I have no info as where on the hoses and logo's so any good pics of the pump to drivers side, pump to passenger side tee, tee to gulp valve, tee to passenger side air manifold, gulp valve to PCV, and air filter to pump hose would be awesome. I have been looking for this type of info for some time asking most major restorers about 67 390 GT smog and the answer is always the same they don't work with it.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:31:19 PM »
The C6 example is from a small block - just using it as a quick example of the stamping pattern used on C6 marked hoses during 1967

Will pull out some totes and boxes and see how many of the hoses I have for the application still show any stampings and take some pictures

The air cleaner (guess this is the thermactor air cleaner given the application) to the pump may be different depending on which one I have and which one you have. One of the running changes that took place when they changed the location of the thermactor air filter/cleaner

Very few restorers have ever taken on a 67 390 Therm car let alone correctly ;)  And the ones who did are not names you would recognize
Jeff Speegle

Offline preaction

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:42:38 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I do appreciate the effort this will take. I will post a pic of what seems to be the correct air filter to pump hose used, its age seems to fit the age of the car. Also no hurry with this info as I have been looking for this for  13 years, a little longer certainly wont hurt, Paul. ;D

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 02:18:34 AM »
Thanks Jeff, I do appreciate the effort this will take. I will post a pic of what seems to be the correct air filter to pump hose used, its age seems to fit the age of the car. Also no hurry with this info as I have been looking for this for  13 years, a little longer certainly wont hurt, Paul. ;D

Not a big deal - been collecting and documenting the Thermactor systems since the 80's.  Was often cautioned when judging for MCA that we needed to take it easy on Thermactor cars since no one there knew what went where. Recall John M (member here on the site under a different screen name) was really happy to see us show up to our first show in GA in the 80's since he had a 66 Calif car where he had reassembled all the smog system but had no one to take a serious look at it and provide feedback

Sorry it took you this long. Had we found each other 13 years ago locating them and more examples would have been easier.
Jeff Speegle