Author Topic: August 68 GT SPORTROOF option question  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Bullitt1977

August 68 GT SPORTROOF option question
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »
Hi

My car us a 1969 GT sportroof DSO 90 build in august 68 at metchuchen

my marti report says that my car came with 2 options i don't know ? :

- Accesorry packaging ???

- Export safety decals

did someone ever heard about this ?
Thanks

Guillaume
1969 GT SPORTROOF
351 W 4V , TOPLOADER
Metchuchen 08/30/1968

Offline 7Lscjracer

Re: August 68 GT SPORTROOF option question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 06:58:51 PM »
I'm thinking export safety decals would be non English language jacking instructions for example, and any others pertaining to safety as opposed to non critical courtesy or convenience information decals.
Accessory packaging? If you read thru the thread in the link, August is pre-production and such cars are typically heavy optioned so it may refer to a bundle of dealer accessory options that weren't called out separately.
What does all the rest of your Marti report say?
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2514.html
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
I'm thinking export safety decals would be non English language jacking instructions for example, and any others pertaining to safety as opposed to non critical courtesy or convenience information decals.
I like that thought, or government requirements, like this vehicle is equipped with amber rear turn signals.
August is pre-production and such cars are typically heavy optioned so it may refer to a bundle of dealer accessory options that weren't called out separately.
Production started in late August and the car has a date of 8/30/68 which qualifies as late. It may be that certain options were boxed and place in the trunk for installation by the dealer - radio, floor mats, wheel covers, exterior mirrors, etc.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
All I saw was August 68 in his post, no day included?
He does say Metuchen though, so it's not an S plant pre production then.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 11:13:04 PM »
All I saw was August 68 in his post, no day included?
The date is in the signature at the bottom of the post. I missed the first time too.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 12:03:24 AM »
Hi

My car us a 1969 GT sportroof DSO 90 build in august 68 at metchuchen

my marti report says that my car came with 2 options i don't know ? :

- Accesorry packaging ???

- Export safety decals

did someone ever heard about this ?

What was the original country of destination? If you don't have any paperwork often in 68 its listed on the buck tag ;)

That may help and allow us to match your info with other cars that were shipped/exported to the same country
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 02:14:52 AM »
DSO 90 is France

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 02:48:53 AM »
DSO 90 is France

Are you referring to 67 only? Since I just looked quickly at DSO 90 I had handly

Seems that the assignment of DSO's was somewhat random (read non specific) from what I've seen and told from the guys that focus on just those cars.

I have other examples with DSO 90 that went  elsewhere - one example the car went to Switzerland (or best I can tell from the paperwork and what was communicated in note form) and another that went to Peru. Believe I have another 69 with the 90 DSO that was originally shipped to Japan on the other Japanese exports don't have door jamb pictures - owners must not have been around.

I included some pictures for the first two mentioned

Jeff Speegle

Offline Bullitt1977

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »
Hello thanks for you answers , this give me some idea

To answer to your questions , the car was first delivered in france ( and still there ;) ) there is a nice ford france metal plate in the engine bay.

export decals i agree it could be some kind of jack instructions and others in french maybe  (even if i have the original instruction manual in english .. )

acccessory packaging as you says maybe antenna and others items were in trunk for shipping overseas ?

And finally you are right we have a guy here who made a lot of research and a registry about DSO 90 mustang originaly shipped in france.
And some DSO 90 were stamped on the buck tag "belgium" or other country.
I even found one personnaly written MAROCO

hope you have a better sunday than us .... a good weather to spend time under the car ;)

Guillaume

1969 GT SPORTROOF
351 W 4V , TOPLOADER
Metchuchen 08/30/1968

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 01:51:20 PM »
If the original owners manual in English doesn't serve you well, you can pick up a French language version on eBay.ca
I'm looking for Canadian glove box paperwork for my other car, an Oshawa built 65 Chevy SS, and I'm always seeing French language owner's manuals for Quebec.

Offline Bullitt1977

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 02:33:23 PM »
no it's ok i can read english , thanks .

but i recently discover that Ford offer french language documentation for canada market
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 02:34:37 PM by carlite65 »
1969 GT SPORTROOF
351 W 4V , TOPLOADER
Metchuchen 08/30/1968

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Just saw the info you provided for your car.  Pretty early car.  My car was built 9/19/68 at the same plant.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
Great discussion - always fun to get off the well beaten trail

Has anyone ever seen jacking instructions, tire pressure decal or the like in any language other than english? Don't mean the country of destination self applied tags, decals or labels required by the specific country.

Equipment installed and included with each car appears to be different depending on where the car was going and likely some country requirements. Other things were left to be done once the car arrived. We see export suspension on some cars and not on others. We see odd (like numbers for engine codes) engines - though very very rare. also

So sometimes we see specific packages listed on Marti reports "T5 Package"  " Special Export Handling Package" "Accessory Package" sometimes a couple of them sometimes only one.

Have seen a number of cars with export DSO's changed over to T5's in this country likely (just an opinion) to make them stand out a little more at shows.

Interesting is that your car is such an early car - wonder if it was used for auto shows - demonstrator in country or around Europe.  I attended the Munich auto show in 72 (think it was 72 :)  which I had taken pictures or saved all the brochures and pens we collected running around the very large display.
Jeff Speegle