Author Topic: Coil spring paint stripe and other questions  (Read 570 times)

Offline ruger

Coil spring paint stripe and other questions
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:19:12 PM »
Being this is the first car I have built concours I still have many questions.   
69' Dearborn 11/21/68 build date.    I have detailed the front suspension now and am at the point of installation again.  I have the build sheet which is in poor condition but is legible enough to see that the front spring has green paint stripe.  One of my questions is about the details of the green stripe.  I have seen the color sample in the library of this forum.  Should this be a single stripe or should there be two ?   Build sheet does not specify. 
Also if someone has the other paint daubs info for my front suspension build I would greatly appreciate it.   I just wanna try to add the correct colors in the correct places while everything is still out and easy to apply the daubs. 
250ci with a C4 auto.  No a/c and no p/s or p/b.  Very base car.  Thanks all.   
1969 Sportsroof Mustang E'
63D
250 six cyl.
C4 trans.
Dearborn build Nov. 1968

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Coil spring paint stripe and other questions
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:51:35 PM »
...........................  I have the build sheet which is in poor condition but is legible enough to see that the front spring has green paint stripe.  One of my questions is about the details of the green stripe.  I have seen the color sample in the library of this forum.  Should this be a single stripe or should there be two ?   Build sheet does not specify. 

If the buildsheet does not repeat the color or mention the number of stripes then its a single stripe

Also if someone has the other paint daubs info for my front suspension build I would greatly appreciate it.   I just wanna try to add the correct colors in the correct places while everything is still out and easy to apply the daubs. 
250ci with a C4 auto.  No a/c and no p/s or p/b.  Very base car.  Thanks all.   
  PM sent
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)