Author Topic: Engine Rattle Can, Ford Corporate Blue ‘Old Ford Blue’  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Craners

Engine Rattle Can, Ford Corporate Blue ‘Old Ford Blue’
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
I need to repaint the engine.
Who has the best color match in a rattle can and what is the code please?
I’ve been researching this and I’m confused by the description and the paint sample shown on the Web.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank you
Regards
Fran

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

9TO2Hknot4cell

Re: Engine Rattle Can, Ford Corporate Blue ‘Old Ford Blue’
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:40:58 PM »
I used Dupli-color 1606 about 5000 miles ago on my 69 Mach1 and haven't had no problems at all.  Of course no trailer Queen here ;D  I had to touch up in a few areas over the years but that's because of "Driving" it  ;D

Still holding up and looking great. See photo.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:57:51 PM by 9TO2Hknot4cell »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
I used Dupli-color 1606 about 5000 miles ago on my 69 Mach1 and haven't had no problems at all.  Of course no trailer Queen here ;D  I had to touch up in a few areas over the years but that's because of "Driving" it  ;D

Still holding up and looking great. See photo. I literally just took this photo and that's a glare you see on the breather top.
Since it is obvious that you are going for a factory look given the details (driven or not) I thought I would mention that the plastic label on the battery is a modern mfg liability thing and not on any 60's early 70's batteries from the factory or even early service.  They come with the new battery to protect the repro MFG. The caution Fan sticker is also not used on 69 Mustang 6cyl-428CJ . It is included universally in kits but apparently not researched by the MFG. I  only mention it because they diminish the correct historical overall look of a otherwise well detailed engine compartment which is a credit to the marque. I am sure others see this too. Hopefully you take the critique of those small yet highly visible and easily corrected mistakes in the positive helpful way it is intended.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

9TO2Hknot4cell

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »
Bob, It's a driver, I don't show it........

And I opted for the "halfway original-type" look and not the chrome bling, yellow plug wires, Mallory ignition, Aluminum radiator, etc, etc,......... I'm sure you get the picture.

And the Caution Fan??  I have Grandchildren who want to stick their fingers into everything ;D

Stay Covid Safe.

8)