Author Topic: Passenger side mirror location  (Read 457 times)

Offline Shawn

Passenger side mirror location
« on: January 29, 2023, 03:52:24 PM »
I was luck enough to find an original side view dummy remote mirror.  Is the mounting location points same as drivers side? 

Offline 196667Bob

Re: Passenger side mirror location
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 05:42:49 PM »
I have attached a copy (in two pieces) of the original Ford Instruction Sheet that came with the NOS matching RH Mirror that I purchased in the late 80's. As the sheet is larger than my 11 x17 printer, I have Posted it in two halves. The Black Line borders measure 10-3/16" vertically, and 20-29/32" horizontally. Since it would be cumbersome, if not impossible, for most to put the two haves together and make a full size copy of the original sheet, several years ago, I made measurements from the original template, and made a "modified template" with the dimensions added so that anyone wanting to add the matching RH Mirror could do it without having the original template.

However, that being said, if the original template (Or the modified one with the dimensions) is used, the RH Mirror will not be in exactly the same relative location as the original Factory Standard, LH Remote Mirror. I would think that it was (or at least should have been) Ford's intent that both Mirrors be in the same relative position. Since the LH, Remote Mirror was "Standard" on all 1967 Mustangs, there was no Accessory Template for the LH Mirror. In addition, the 1967 Mustang Body Assembly Manual has no template or dimensions for the location of the LH Remote Mirror.
Several months ago, I asked one of our members (bossbill), who had two loose originals 67 LH Doors, if he would measure the locations of the mounting, and cable holes, which he kindly did. As hoped for (and expected)  the location of the holes on the two doors were identical. With the dimensions for the LH Mirror, I can now add them to the RH modified Template to which I added dimensions (so that those wanting to put the RH Mirror in the same exact location as the LH could do so), and I can make a Template for the LH Remote Mirror (for those with a Repo LH Door or Door Skin, or a 1968 Door that did not have the LH Remote Mirror Option). I have not yet had a chance to do either as of now.
In your case, if you want the RH to be in the same exact location as your LH, you can make the measurements of the mounting holes from your LH Door, and transfer them to the RH Door, or if you want to use the location based on the Instructions that came with the original RH Mirror, you can use the template with the dimensions that I added. in either case, I'm sure you realize that the RH Mirror was not a Factory Option, but rather one of many Dealer Accessories that were available through the Parts Department.

Hope this helps.

Bob
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:08:03 PM by carlite65 »
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 07:32:12 PM »
I have attached a copy (in two pieces) of the original Ford Instruction Sheet
Bob,
Get into the habit when scanning any "how to install" sheets that have measurements to include a ruler when scanning for reference. I use either a cloth measuring tap, yard stick, tape measure or a 6 inch steel ruler.
The example is the dial face plate from a 1938 General Electric AM/SW table radio I've been "restoring" for at least five years now.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Shawn

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 08:45:21 PM »
Bob,

The information you provided is more than expected.  I am always honored to be the recipient of such expertise and time. 

Thank you
Shawn

Offline 196667Bob

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 11:29:32 PM »
Shawn : Always glad to help,if evena little.

Bob
1966 Coupe, C Code, 3 Sp MT, 6T07C154XXX, Build Date 11/22/65
1967 Conv, C Code, C4, 7F03C154XXX, Actual Build Date 01/31/67
MCA 04909