Author Topic: Interior Paint Finish  (Read 2166 times)

Offline DM_1964

Interior Paint Finish
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »
Had a quick search and couldn't find any posts for correct interior paint finish.

Is it a matte of semi-gloss finish?

Would like to know it there were differences between plants (if so, for a Dearborn 64 1/2 and a San Jose 66) or were they the same across all plants?

Thanks
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Interior Paint Finish
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:01:20 AM »
Would report that they have always look similar across the plants. More differences IMHO due to how the cars were treated and handled over the years.
Example the top of thee drivers doors after all these years is shinier than the bottom of the door;)

Like many details I believe its a range your looking for rather than a specific since there was some variations within that range. WOuld guess the best way I would answer  would be somewhere between eggshell and semi-gloss
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 01:26:29 AM »

"Like many details I believe its a range your looking for rather than a specific since there was some variations within that range. WOuld guess the best way I would answer  would be somewhere between eggshell and semi-gloss"

would agree with JEFFS description of interior paint DOM.  do a trial run first and see whether your happy with your mix then adjust accordingly, time consuming but worth it in the long run.

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline DM_1964

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 03:17:06 AM »
Would report that they have always look similar across the plants... would be somewhere between eggshell and semi-gloss

Thanks for your input Jeff, we'll try and find that range between low and semi.

would agree with JEFFS description of interior paint DOM.  do a trial run first and see whether your happy with your mix then adjust accordingly, time consuming but worth it in the long run.

Phill, we had sprayed a parchment test sample and got caught up on matching the colour as close as we could but didn't pay attention to the finish until we sprayed an imported can that was semi-gloss, the semi-gloss seamed too glossy where the other was matte, hence the post, I think it's more of a low sheen to get it spot on...

Again thanks for the input :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:18:50 AM by DM_1964 »
Regards,
Dom
64 1/2 Caspian Blue Convertible - Dearborn

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
Agree with Jeff on eggshell.  When I mix interior paint, the formula is 3:3 (paint:matting agent) for eggshell and 3:2.5 for semi-gloss.  There's a big difference in that .5.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin