Author Topic: Under-dash courtesy lights in '67?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Under-dash courtesy lights in '67?
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
I've been doing some more work on my "new-to-me" '67 coupe.  Keep in mind, I'm much more of a '65-66 guy, so please forgive the ignorance here.   :D  The car has factory deluxe interior with the finned aluminum trim under the door panels, and small courtesy lights mounted in the door.  Currently, none of the courtesy lights are working, and I'm slowly working on troubleshooting the problem as time allows.  I know on a '65-66, there are two courtesy lights mounted under the dash, regardless of whether the car had standard or deluxe interior.  Is a '67 the same way; should this car have the two lights up under the dash as well?  Again, you can tell I don't know a ton about '67-68s!   ::)
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline jwc66k

Re: Under-dash courtesy lights in '67?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »
I strongly recommend that you invest in a set of 57 Mustang Assembly Manuals. The answer to your specific question is that there are two under dash courtesy lights but the RH socket is different than the LH socket but the LH socket is the same as the ones used on 64 thru 66. It's in the Electrical Assembly Manual. The answer to your overhead console is also in the Electrical Assembly Manual. The front and rear screws go to mounting brackets that are under the headliner and the wire feeds from the rear.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

priceless

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »
Hey Brett, I have a complete '67 wiring diagram that a friend of mine copied for me and it was very informative and instrumental for me and my (late) Dad-in-law to get the wiring straightened out and working after the guy that painted the '67 back in 2000 butchered the wiring under the dash. Although he left about 7-8" of wire hanging, we were still able to see the colors on the wires(i.e, white w/ blue stripe, etc), to connect and get all the lights, interior and exterior, to work properly again.

The pages are 16" long and there's 16 pages, I can copy 8" at a time, copy whatever pages you want, scan them and send them to you by email.
I have included a few photos for you to see. The last few photos is just an example of how the color codes are simplified. Let me know if you want me to copy it and send it to you.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:14:50 AM by priceless »

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
The pages are 16" long and there's 16 pages, I can copy 8" at a time, copy whatever pages you want, scan them and send them to you by email.
I have included a few photos for you to see. The last few photos is just an example of how the color codes are simplified. Let me know if you want me to copy it and send it to you.

Hey Richie, thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it!  I went ahead and ordered a set of the Osborne manuals for '67.  Thanks again, though!   :D
Too much junk, too little time.