Author Topic: WTB: 67 Mustang Quarter Panel Section~FRONT/Lower  (Read 460 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
WTB: 67 Mustang Quarter Panel Section~FRONT/Lower
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
Today, as I jump into metal repair, I have decided it may be a good choice to replace this section, mostly because of a somewhat serious sideswipe damage from before buying the car in '78. I also have a little rust-through at the wheel house. The two can be repaired but I felt replacing would make a better job.

Aftermarkets sections seem to be designed to fit both 67-68's and I understand the contour differences might make it difficult to work in my favor. (read~ may not be worth the extra work to section in). I may choose to buy one anyways to see side-by-side how it could compromise the job but I think OE metal would help me more.

MAYBE SOMEBODY HAS A REMNANT SECTION SITTING AROUND ??? ??? ??? ???

For best results, I would need the front, lower section between the door and the wheel opening, up to the bottom of the upper louver. NO ROCKER PANEL or DOOR POST NEEDED, just the "skin".

(picture the cut going parallel to the ground through upper louver at bottom edge, cut wheel house straight down to rocker, cut parallel to lower edge of quarter through rocker panel and along edge of tab hanging into the door opening)

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments